More Info needed Permanent loading upon connection (Coop mode)

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Soerzzz, Oct 24, 2024 at 11:46 AM.

1. Soerzzz

Soerzzz Ensign

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build:Lastest
    Mode:Co-op
    Platform: Steam
    DLC Installed: No

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:

Reproducibility:
    Severity:

Type:

Summary:permanent loading upon connection

Description:
    We have 3 people (including me). The server is created using the main menu via the "Coop mode" button.
    The server owner + the second person calmly log into the server, while I am connecting to the server, downloading files, choosing a starting planet and... the game that follows this eternal loading (I checked it in principle after about 30 minutes of waiting). On the server console, the server owner displays me as a connected player.
    In this case, if I become the server owner, the same problem will appear for the two remaining players. That is, the problem is definitely on my side.

What have we tried?
    - Port forwarding
    - Attempt to set/remove a password on the server
    - EAC enable/disable
    - Completely deleting the game from the PC with cleaning the registry
    - Attempt to connect to a random server in the list - connection is successful.
    - with/without SharedData

The last time we launched the game together was about six months ago, and I officially remember, we had no problems connecting(we were playing without Shared Data)

I desperately ask for your help

Steps to Reproduce:
    1)
    2)
    3)

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

Attached Files:

2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Hi,
    I don't have any issue starting or joining co-op games with multiple players so this makes it difficult to investigate what is happening exactly for you because ideally we need to be able to also trigger the issue to debug, examine etc.

First some questions:
    1) How much RAM is available to use on your system when you try to start your own "Local Co-op" server ?

2) As a stab in the dark what anti virus do you use ? have you added the Empyrion directory to the anti virus whitelist/exception list ? if you now add it to any whitelist/exception list make sure to verify the game files first before you try again.

3) Have you deleted everything in the Saves/Cache folder ?

4) Are you using a wifi connection or ethernet ? ethernet will always be better.

====

Port forwarding is not needed for "Local Co-op".
    Port forwarding is only needed for the "Standalone dedicated server" for the machine it is being hosted on. Details can be found here for that if you are not already aware of what it is:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3321555415

"Local Co-op" will not be allowed to start with EAC on.

3. SherLocK

SherLocK Ensign

I can't see the logs but if they are saying that there is no playfield found for you then tell your host to start a new game in single mode then start coop server with loading this save from single mode instead of creating new one. Works for me.

4. Soerzzz

Soerzzz Ensign

1) 20GB on my PC and 32GB from host PC

2) I don't use anti virus software. Firewall on windows off.

3) Yes, I deleted all the game files, including saves, and only then downloaded the game again.

4) Ethernet

5. Soerzzz

Soerzzz Ensign

We tried your solution, unfortunately it doesn't work :(