Question about ECF syntax

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by neosar60, Oct 5, 2020.

Tags:
  1. neosar60

neosar60 Ensign

I have been digging through the config files, and I noticed that some items / blocks / whatever have a + before their ID field. What is the significance of this? Also, is there any place that the file format is documented besides the examples in the tops of files. Someplace else where I could have found this information?

Thanks for your help.

2. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

The config.ecf is the only config that uses +'s since it uses a different system for IDs that's re-arranged when the file is run. Since the Config.ecf combines aspects of several of the main config files which use the same numbers, but for different types (blocks, items, containers, etc...)

3. neosar60

neosar60 Ensign

What does the + get used for? I get the idea of what you're saying about different ID systems, but I'm just curious what it does with it. I thought I saw a lot of the + symbols in the blocksconfig and itemsconfig files too. I was poking around with making a visual studio code extension to support this file type, but it's been a bit tough just because I haven't really found any good documentation on the details of formatting and such. I found one guide, but it was too generalized. The format is pretty simple. I just want to make sure I don't miss anything.

4. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

the + signs is for internal purposes. Its nothing for the public

5. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Captain

Aside from spending a lot of time experimenting, are there ways to get more information about specifics?

For example "Closets" no longer "open" from the control panel and no longer show up in a POI when raided.
    What does
    IsIgnoreLC: true
    do?
    More specifically why turning on
    IsAccessible: true, type: bool
    had no effect on my Closet (It has a + next to it, so want to understand the intent, when or if, we are forced to copy the entries not edit them?)