Sometimes the weapon DOES NOT FIRE! (Vanila, RE)

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by bbk.3164, Nov 13, 2022.

1. bbk.3164

bbk.3164 Commander

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build: 1.8.15 3887
    Mode: MP
    Mode: Survival, RE

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:

Reproducibility:
    Severity:

Type:

Summary:

Description:
    Sometimes the weapon DOES NOT FIRE! (RE)

A very long time ago, about 2 years ago - in Vanilla, in MP - I noticed that the plasma gun sometimes stops shooting - as if it was "jammed" :( ... then it "woke up" and started shooting again! ... then those weren't that common...

This "bug", as it turned out, has been going on for a very long time, but I, as a player, do not often use the plasma gun ... and now I am faced with the fact that both the plasma gun and the alien blaster refused to shoot at the same time! but at the same time - as you can see in the video - they worked perfectly, the ammunition was loaded, these weapons are OK ... but suddenly they just "jammed" :( ... then they "woke up" ...

All the details in the video:

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) take a plasma gun and an alien blaster, charge it.
    2) go to storm the POI.
    3) one day the moment will happen when the weapon will "jam" and stop firing, but the cartridges will be loaded !!!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
  2. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

This is RE-specific.
    You're using Heavy Weapons (plasma cannons, rocket launchers, miniguns) which consume stamina to fire. If you don't have enough stamina, they don't fire.
    You are suffering from Heat Collapse which tanks your stamina, which is a side effect of blowing a hole in the side of a POI on a very hot plasma planet.

bbk.3164, ravien_ff and DiMithras like this.
  3. DiMithras

DiMithras Lieutenant

True. Can be clearly seen on the vid provided that stamina is around zero and overheating has already hit it's 3rd stage.

ravien_ff likes this.
  4. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I am tired of telling you this:

Stop reporting issues with the scenario in the bug report forums. These forums are for the developers to take in reports from the vanilla, unmodified game so they can reproduce and fix issues. They are not for issues arising from custom scenarios.

Since you are playing multiplayer, you need to report any issues to your SERVER ADMINS.
    The game developers cannot assist you when playing a custom scenario, and the scenario authors cannot assist you when playing on a server.
    Direct all complaints/reports/feedback to your server admin and stop making the developers go through your constant bug reports on issues they cannot do anything about.

This is not a language barrier. I know you understand exactly what you're doing.

bbk.3164 and jmcburn like this.