Fixed Suit Lighting & Fog Reflections [00546]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by globeadue, Nov 23, 2022.

1. globeadue

globeadue Ensign

Build:v1.9 398 23-21:37
    Mode:
    Mode:

SERVER NAME: local

Reproducibility: I don't think it will reproduce now that I've updated drivers/restarted client
    Severity: annoying

Type: Lighting Effects / Fog Reflections

Summary:
    Upon landing on the lava starter, these distorted lighting effects were seen. It was like a reflection/silhouette in the fog when suit lights were on of nearby terrain..

Description:
    The screenshots do it better justice than I can describe.
    GPU: 3070

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/556301686604562460/1045086392151195658/image.png
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/556301686604562460/1045087927291617392/image.png

After restart of client and update to 11/16/22's geforce drivers:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/556301686604562460/1045090956535419001/image.png

Per Derek on discord, I am submitting this bug report.
    1. 1:17 PM]globeadue:
      is there a 1.9 discussion channel? anyone know how what turns off the inside helmet reflections, loving the new starter but once I got on the planet the reflections inside my helmet are giving me headache. it's not sky reflections, I already run with that off
    2. [1:18 PM]Escarli:
      can you put a screenshot in _media ?
    3. [1:22 PM]globeadue:
      done - it might have something to do with suit lights and fog of the new lava starter, I turn of suit lights and I don't see them.
    4. @globeadue
      done - it might have something to do with suit lights and fog of the new lava starter, I turn of suit lights and I don't see them.
    5. [1:37 PM]globeadue:
      hmm I've fixed it with a client restart and update to last weeks Geforce drivers
    6. @globeadue
    7. [1:40 PM]Derek:
      Yeah, that's not normal lighting. Can you open a support ticket for it please?

Germanicus and Escarli like this.
  2. Andre Merrick

Andre Merrick Commander

I have the latest NVidia Driver.. and still see the same reflections... it is only when you activate "Lights" on your Suit.. or Ship. That these are seen.

Germanicus likes this.
  3. Arthmoor

Arthmoor Commander

Very easy to replicate this btw. I started a game on Akua to see the new stuff, and the HV I spawned in has 2 spotlights on the front. It doesn't matter which direction I'm facing while those lights are on, the reflections in the 4 corners of the screen are intense and block the view in some cases.

Same happens to a lesser degree with the flashlight and with the light on a suit of light armor.

I'm on a Radeon 6700 XT with the latest drivers so this isn't limited to one family of cards.

Spanj's latest video preview of 1.9 illustrates it pretty well too: Forward up to the parts where he's checking out the new POIs on the Ashon start.

Germanicus likes this.
  4. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Thanks for the report we are looking in to this.

Germanicus and spm like this.
  5. boolybooly

boolybooly Commander

Curious thing about this is after I quit the game and boot session, then reloaded the next day, the reflection problem went away.

After a CTD reported in bugs section and consequently validating files on steam, 15 files did not validate and were reDLd. Then it asked for UAC on restart of Emp client. Then on reloading the latest gamesave, the reflections were back.

FYI

6. Vanderguard

Vanderguard Ensign

I can confirm that it is definitely the fog on any planet. I have noticed that the light from ships/suits don't have any beam emitting from them when there is fog like there has in previous versions. instead it's this annoying lighting glitch. Also, when it's clear or you're in space, this glitch cannot be seen (since there is no fog).
    https://prnt.sc/YoAiN6Q8HwuM
    [​IMG]
    It's almost like the beam effect from lights in fog has been reversed.

Edit: The image link isn't working for me, so I just shared a lightshot link instead.

Edit 2: It has to have something to do with the beam effect from lights. I just took this screenshot that clearly shows a glitchy outward beam from my spotlight. https://prnt.sc/MK7hGgGbRhUz

Last edited: Dec 2, 2022