PLZ Retest and Re-Report Teleporter teleporting friend kilometers away

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by Mazen IIXIS, Nov 10, 2021.

1. Mazen IIXIS

Mazen IIXIS Ensign

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build:1.63 3512
    Mode:Survival
    Mode:

SERVER NAME:N/A
    SEED-ID:N/A

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: N/A except starter planet have PVP enabled

Reproducibility: Once
    Severity: Moderate

Type:

Summary: First time friend entered the playfield, teleporter dumped him 1.7 kilometers away from space station.

Description: The space station's orientation is wonky, when my friend teleported in for the first time, he didn't teleport on the teleporter but 1.7km away.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Build a space station with core's orientation in strange direction. Put teleporter on it.
    2) Have friend try to teleport over.
    3) Friend somewhere else.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2650790076
    Screenshot after teleporting in and phasing through the back of the teleporter.

2. Mazen IIXIS

Mazen IIXIS Ensign

I'm not sure why and I do not know how it works, but it looks like where a player teleports is dependent on the core's direction. It doesn't look like the teleporter have its coordinates set to just above the teleporter's model's base.

3. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Hi there, can you supply a copy of the save game where this teleporter is setup ?

How to attach a save game to a report:
    Go to:
    For SP or Co-op:
    Right click on "Empyrion" in your steam library > Properties > Local files > Browse > Saves > Games
    or: SteamLibrary\steamapps\Common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Games

For MP:
    Right click on "Empyrion - Dedicated Server" in your steam library > Properties > Local files > Browse > Saves > Games
    or: SteamLibrary\steamapps\Common\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\Saves\Games
    1. Right click on the save folder & place your mouse cursor over 'Send to' create a compressed copy of it (or use winzip or 7zip)
    2. Drag & drop a copy in your reply box or use the upload a file option on the forum.
    3. If the folder is too large use a file hosting site like mediafire, dropbox or google drive & add a share link to it
    4. If you are sending us the info via an email please add a share link to the file or files you have uploaded

Germanicus likes this.
  4. Mazen IIXIS

Mazen IIXIS Ensign

5. fitzsteve

fitzsteve Ensign

Having a similar problem on my friend's server, cannot teleport to stations that I have discovered (was working before 1.7) it drops me somewhere random several KMs away and in one case even a hostile station where I was killed as soon as I arrived! Can still teleport to our own bases and CVs it's just stations that already exist in game that are affected.

Here's an example station: [BoF] Kudos Station - Thammarept (drops me around 6.5km away)