The Lost City Of Sol-Exploration SINGLE PLAYER Scenario.

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by piddlefoot, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Russell

Russell Commander

@piddlefoot , thanks for putting this together. I've only played Amara, but loved the planet and the playing experience.

2. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Cheers mate, I just so happen to be on Amara myself on the 'Creative gaming network' server checking it out, be there again today, glad your enjoying it.

Russell likes this.
  3. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Just at a guess I think its around 130 planets if you include moons as planets.

Instances are technically planets too though you cannot travel to them other than teleporters.

Ive had huge PC issues on the server system and have PC in a zillion bits so its going to be a couple of weeks before I can do anything to scenarios because all backups and main files are on the system on 2 of its drives, theres a couple of small issues I would like to address and update both SP and MP version.
    Waiting on parts and crap.
    I may slap hard drives into other PC yet see what happens.

rainyday likes this.
  4. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Working on a large update for this should be ready by weekend with luck, check the MP thread for more detail but both MP and SP are getting the same update here.

5. Jahulath

Jahulath Ensign

You sir are a legend. I look forward to setting this in motion for my little mp server!

Is it cool if I brazenly advertize said server here once I have?

6. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Yep no problems, this is the Single Player version though, it will cause errors for players in MP if you use it in a dedicated MP environment so I suggest you jump into the other thread where the scenario has all its YAMLs set up specifically for MP servers.

You can also download both, open both in notepad++ and copy and paste stuff from one to the other to suit your needs if you want to change starts etc.

The SP version is also set with all planets PvP.
    The MP has a mix of PvP and PvE planets.

Kassonnade likes this.
  7. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Working on a large update for this version.

rainyday and Kassonnade like this.
  8. fuzzyspyder

fuzzyspyder Lieutenant

I took the orbital outpost start and It wont let me create an SV blueprint. It say the limit is 64 for bases but I haven't built anything yet. Are blueprints disabled for this scenario?

9. N99024

N99024 Captain

No, the limit is just too low I think, idk if @piddlefoot has made a fix for that yet, but I've already done so with my files so I'm not to worried about it.

Also, I've figured out the rough size of the Asteroid field, its radius is about 3,000 and height is roughly 1,000 based on 0,0,0

10. fuzzyspyder

fuzzyspyder Lieutenant

Is this something I can do? Can you post the fix?

11. N99024

N99024 Captain

If your doing it by single player, I'm not sure where the fix can be done, I only know the fix for MP and thats in the dedicated yaml, which can just be set to 200 under the setting MaxStructures: and you should be good. That's all I know sadly.

12. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

BPs are not disabled, or should not be, if your to close to an ADMIN core structure or an Alien core it wont let you place a new starter or BP, try moving away from structure 100m.
    If that's not the issue then we have something else gone funky one us.
    Limits for these are set the same as MP in the YAML file.

13. fuzzyspyder

fuzzyspyder Lieutenant

I get a message that the limit is 64. I am not near an admin structure.

14. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

I see nothing in the planets YAML at all about this issue, it maybe a hard coded bug not sure, but I cant adjust it on any planet or space playfield, and the dedicated yaml where 'max structures' is actually set looks like this copy and paste of it.

MaxStructures: 200 # Max number of structures per playfield (limit = 255, reduce on performance problems)
    AntiGriefDistance: 30 # Distance (in m) around a faction's base where no other faction's base can be built
    AntiGriefZone: PvE # Zone where the AntiGriefDistance is valid (All, PvP, PvE)
    AntiGriefOresDistance: 30 # Distance (in m) around ore deposits where no other faction's base can be built
    AntiGriefOresZone: PvE

So I don't know why its brainfarted at 64 yet wont let you even lay ONE new ship or anything, you may have to godmode it over to the next playfield and see if the issue is more widespread. Looks like a hard coded bug from here.

15. medicineman

medicineman Captain

Love this scenario. It's breathed a bit more life into the game for me. Thanks Piddlefoot!

16. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Got a big update in a few days with luck, just chasing bugs down in it now and checking portals and teleporters so a few days of work yet but for the SP version there will be 2 options, with detailed instruction on how to do it, one where you keep your current save game and one where you just wipe the server and start a fresh game, a lot has changed in the SP version for a lot of people it will be to much hassle messing with YAML files and maybe easier to start fresh, but I can be contacted on Steam if anyone is having issues installing update and keeping there current save, they can zip file it, upload it to dropbox and I can fix there save file so it works with new update, then upload fixed save back to dropbox for you.

17. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

Last week I started on Amy, and drove on bike to Trader Station to set up first camp there - wanted to play something like 'hard survival' at the beginning - I used teleport there to see is there a constructor in orbital Trade Station, but teleport took me to space station in Earth orbit... so I'm reporting this just in case :)

(it is a fresh Steam scenario version)

I will wait for new update for a new start ;)

18. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Have you edited any files at all ?
    I ask because there are absolutely no Orbital teleporter at all, I removed them all. There all on planets so you should never end up in space from a teleporter.

In anycase Ive finished the update so see post below.

19. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

SINGLE PLAYER MAJOR UPDATE.

This update changes a few things, theres been an issue where if an asteroid is in the location of where the Spookabar spawns in, it wont spawn.
    So a few orbits have been modified and had asteroids moved, and the asteroid fields moved also, some deleted entirely for performance reasons, first player to go there gets a 30 second load time as playfield is created, most of them are changed now, there is still a few playfields like this however, as in SP I have tried to keep as much variety as possible, I am working on space playfields for 7.0.

A couple of planets have changed location.
    There is also a new planet and moon and Orbit that its in, Hubble777.
    There are new POIs and new Instances also so its very important you follow the instructions and not miss a step if you want to save the current game your playing.

What this means for players.

TAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR ENTIRE SAVED GAME NOW TO A DIFFERENT LOCATION.

First if your not bothered and will just start a new game, then update start new game and your good to go.

If you want to run the same save , not loose inventory, on the game your playing now then you need to edit a couple of things as explained below..

Because a Planet has been added and other planets moved, your current game needs to write a new Sector file.

To achieve this you need to Open your current save of the game your playing.

I will use the game name 'testgame' as an example in this example below.

So open your Empyrion save folder and saved game, if installed in default place will be as follows.

Remember 'testgame' equates to your saved game.

START / my computer / C / programfiles86 / steam / steamapps / common / Empyrion Galactic Survival / Saves / games / 'testgame'

Open your games save folder, in this example, 'testgame'
    In here is a Sector folder. Delete it completely.

DO NOT START GAME YET YOUR NOT FINISHED.

Now go to C / programfiles86 / steam / steamapps / common / Empyrion Galactic Survival / Saves / Games / 'testgame' / Templates

In this folder are all the planets you have already generated in your saved game, what you MUST do in here is Delete 2 Planets folders to ensure the update works correctly.
    So delete Vyrdis, Icarus and Andromeda, if you had bases on these planets they will be lost though the way the scenario is set up that's not likely.

If these planets are not in this folder don't stress they simply have not been generated yet and you don't have to worry about it in that case.

OK just one more thing to do, go to , C / programfiles86 / steam / steamapps / common / Empyrion Galactic Survival / Saves / Games / 'testgame' / Shared

Now in the Shared folder that's inside your games save folder as addressed above, delete the following files.

Depending on how many planets you have visited ect, will depend on how many entries you need to delete.

multigate ------------------- ALL ENTRIES OF IT
    Zen-Fortress --------------- ALL ENTRIES OF IT
    Xenu-Fortress ---------------- ALL ENTRIES OF IT
    Rad-Fortress ----------------- ALL ENTRIES OF IT

These POIs have been modified and if you don't delete them you wont update them, the game will then fetch the new files from the correct PreFab folder.

So now you should be ready to start your saved game back up, what you should see is a new sector file, ie, a new sector map with Vyrdis in a different location and an extra planet Hubble777.
    To test if the sector file is correct in SP open console and type sectors reveal
    This will show whole sector map.
    Press M

Changes.

The Spookabar has been converted into a BA POI with regeneration also, incase the game is played in Co-Op.
    It is now located on a planet as a crashed ship, it is also still in Orbits spawning as a freighter but is much much harder to track down that way.
    The Instanced POIs have been modified as they were to hard in some spots and to easy in others, mostly with tunnels in there walls.
    Multigate had a Trader bug so that's gone and its now an airtight building not open to sky.
    27 different bugs causing a range of errors from minor to playfield not loading are all corrected.
    Literally flew a CV to every planet to test it this morning !

************************************NOTE ********************************************

If you have installed this update and are getting errors on some planets / playfields but not others, the best way to get rid of the error is to go back into the save folder of your game, C / programfiles86 / steam / steamapps / common / Empyrion Galactic Survival / Saves / games / testgame

And delete the planet or playfield folder that's giving you an error.

Then the game will create a new file for this planet next time you visit it from the new files in the update.
    None of the new files / playfields have critical errors so when they update correctly, should be smooth sailing.

UPDATE VIA STEAM WORKSHOP

If you have any problems installing the update give us a yell on Steam and I can run through it with you, or you can send me your game save and I can correct it, only takes 5 mins.

Enjoy peeps.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  20. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer