[TOOL] eWCCT | Empyrion Web Content Creator Tool

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by RexXxuS, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Fenra369

Fenra369 Commander

This tool breaks a lot of dialogue.ecf files it seems. I see it is stripping anything with a '#' in it, which makes it not helpful for editing ecf's which use bbcode colors. Can you please ensure the comment stripping doesn't happen for these types of files?

2. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

If you import the vanilla or reforged eden Dialogues.ecf and then click at export it will break, yes.
    Why?
    Because the creator did put all of strings dirty in the ecf instead of keys which then reference to the proper csv key. That is the clean and correct way.
    I can't fix user errors.

Hashes for comments will be always stripped, like EPD does it. Maybe in the future I will add comments in eWCCT natively.

bbcode colors are used in the token Config and don't have hashes.
    Only textmeshpro, like in LCDs use that syntax, which I don't strip.
    If it's stripped then because what I said above.

Germanicus and ravien_ff like this.
  3. Fenra369

Fenra369 Commander

Not really fair to call it a user error if the user input works, and your output doesn't. A settings toggle for stripping out # content would be easy to apply, and provide the flexibility when working with other people's work that uses comments (a valid thing most people working with files do). EPD could add it to, however jmc has been MIA for a while so. For a web tool, this would be a nice feature to have.

4. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Hey these guys are providing tools in their free time for no charge, so keep your "fairness" lessons to yourself please. Why don't you take your rant to the ones who used the forbidden characters ?

So the "scenario makers input work" but not the guys who made the tools ? What kind of lame "equation" is this ?...

If you don't like the tools don't use them, or ask politely. WTF is your problem ?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    RexXxuS likes this.
  5. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

The web tool isn't going to be perfect and won't be compatible with handwritten dialog that didn't use the csv file.
    Either reformat your dialog or hand edit it.

RexXxuS likes this.
  6. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Having the ability to add comments would be nice but is just a quality of life feature.

RexXxuS likes this.
  7. D33Ps

D33Ps Ensign

Hi , an amazing job, having tool like eWCCT make customisation really easier !

Just a little thing, is that possible to make the barking popup more bigger ? (it will be eaysier to read) and stay on the screen,until player look an other direction? beacause it disappear really too soon !

Thanks for your work

RexXxuS likes this.
  8. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

I have no control over it I think.

9. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

You could try setting the font size bigger but that's a complete guess on my part. I have not used barking yet.

10. D33Ps

D33Ps Ensign

Thanks for your answer.

I will try it, nothing to loose ^^ thanks

Kassonnade likes this.
  11. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I (we) would be grateful if you could share your success/ report failure to make it work here, so we know it's been tried and tested.

Right now it looks like only " Colors, bold, italic" can be used to format dialog texts.

12. D33Ps

D33Ps Ensign

I have tried... It's a big fail, it do not work.

For test I did: copy past from an externel text editor fail, ingame it appear as < size=xx> </ size> , text not display setting.
    I checked directly the file and change the < size=xx> to just <b> </b>.
    After each modification of the file, I saved it and launch the ds reload command in console off course .

I have tried button "set size font" and put 50 in the popup box, export the files but nothing.

I guess when barking is used, nothing can be changed.

ravien_ff and Kassonnade like this.
  13. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Hi Creators,

after a lot of work a big patch is live, together with the EXP 1.5. Make sure to read the changelog below.
    Make sure to go to Info at the top and click the big red button to clear all of your Cache! You have to reimport everything!

Highlights:
    • new Localization Tool
      It was born for me to color Localization.csv keys easily and fast. It has not the handy features like the others (copy, delete, move, etc.) but for now, it's already enough for me. (it still has feature support like Filters, all language support and sidebar color logic as Dialogues)
    • Fixing major, breaking, frustrating bugs like the drag & drop state duplication.
    • Design Facelift
    • Convenient additions
    The new Loca Tool
    upload_2021-5-19_18-25-26.png

Design Facelift
    upload_2021-5-19_18-28-42.png

19.05.2021 | v3.0.0
    • Added NEW Tool: Loca Tool! It was born for me to color Localization.csv keys easily and fast. It has not the handy features like the others (copy, delete, move, etc.) but for now, it's already enough for me. (it still has feature support like Filters, all language support and sidebar color logic as Dialogues)
    • Added first visit (localsession) popup for big releases or important announcements.
    • !Massive Code refactoring! (You have to clear all your cache and reimport everything)
    • Added new Comment feature for Dialogues and Tokens. Please read the docu about it how to use it!! Sometimes I found it useful to describe a dialogue / token state in terms of meta data so I can find it later back again (where did I set the Dialogue/Token state, in what POI, what playfield, etc.)
    • Added new parameter CallLater(TimeInSeconds, FunctionName). It executes your function at a later state. Useful for making a counter ticking down for example.
    • Added finally complete Blocks and ItemsConfig.ecf import - inclusive the new Blocks that only have names and no IDs.
    • Added full title on hover over state in sidebar - in case it is too long.
    • Added more colors to the sidebar state detection.
    • Added full MarketPrice property Import/Export for Token Tool.
    • Added more convenient scrollTo state logic.
    • Added a lot better select state detection. Your duplicated state is now automatically selected and moved to.
    • Added color fetch support from locazitation.csv for item helper (suggestion) fields.
    • Added scroll top button.
    • Added new parameter IsBlockActive('BlockName') to docu.
    • Updated documentation.
    • Changed style to some buttons and logic and other goodies.
    • Changed sidebar width to 700px.
    • Changed Font Family to a more crisp and readable one.
    • Fixed FINALLY DRAG AND DROP COPY for Dialogues & Tokens after many hours - stupid slippery code!!! It was broken since day 1 ‍.
    • Fixed some convert issues in the Functions / Execute textarea.
    • Fixed html code conversion strings.
    • Fixed FINALLY unreliable scrollTo state for the different tools.
    • Fixed that the custom Localization.csv did not get imported with Scenario import.
    • Fixed that Dialogue Filter was empty on very first import of your Scenario (Google Chrome).
    • Fixed refresh timer.

You have to open the web tool in a new tab every time a patch comes out to apply the changes.

Germanicus, Kassonnade and Taelyn like this.
  14. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Bug Report for the new update:
    Copy+Pasting Bold+Colored text in a dialogue will delete the entire line when you change entries/tabs.

15. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Hmm, regarding the code it seemed broken since ever but I know that it worked before.
    Anyways fixed now.

20.05.2021 | v3.0.1
    • Fixed copy paste stripped bold text away

You have to open the web tool in a new tab every time a patch comes out to apply the changes.

16. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

TFR42.gif

ravien_ff likes this.
  17. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Hi Creators,
    this is most likely my last update. For 1.5 a lot got added and I invested hundreds of hours into the last patches for eWPDA and eWCCT.
    It feels I release it for the void though. I mean I don't know how you are using my tools. Do you have any feedback? Or is all good, so nobody is saying something? :rolleyes:

02.06.2021 | v3.3.0
    • Added CTRL + S! After million clicks to those Export buttons I think it's time for an evolution! Just CTRL+S if you want the current active tool file(s) exported/downloaded.
    • Added new Token Property "DropOnDeath" Import/Export functionality. Important Mission Tokens won't be dropped on death that way.
    • Added more convenient way to copy the Dialogue Name: Alt + LMB at the left sidebar tree to copy it to your clipboard and paste it in-game to your NPC.
    • Added / Updated Dialogue docu (e.g. CallLater usage).
    • Added Token docu.
    • Removed display bool from Token MarketPrice because it does not work ingame :(.
    • Fixed dialogue state was not selected if Name was changed.
    • Fixed scroll to bottom not worked when adding new Token state.
    • Fixed copy paste issue with bold + colored text.

18. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

This is great!
    I'm using your tools. eWPDA for the PDA, and this for the dialog. So far it's been working really well. :D

RexXxuS likes this.
  19. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Hi Creators,
    ok, I found one last, very old todo: Color Picker rework!

upload_2021-6-9_22-24-41.png

upload_2021-6-9_22-24-59.png

More colors, more fun.

09.06.2021 | v3.4.0
    • Reworked the Colorpicker tool + docu.
    • Fixed some style issues (fullscreen editing)

Germanicus likes this.
  20. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Hi Creators,
    This update is quite crucial if you want to work with eWCCT in a long term, consistent way. I added the CSV Key Helper from eWPDA and added it to all string field where it can be used. Make sure to read the documentation about it.

26.06.2021 | v3.5.0
    • Reworked the CSV Key Helper + docu. It is now very convenient to work with multiple csv keys on multiple fields. Tiny downside is a little refresh time after editing text fields.
    • Reworked the Update popup. It does not come up anymore if you open a new tab. Instead I check if a new patch came out and only display the popup then.
    • Added CSVKeyHelper. Similar to the ItemHelper. When working with conditional text variables it's very helpful to directly see what Loc string means what.
    • Added stuck notice on loading.
    • Added ESC keyboard hotkey. To lose focus on the text field to allow the tool to save your changes instantly.
    • Added @q0 in documentation about no-closing-dialogues.
    • Updated docu.
    • (Feedback) Removed the ScrollHere logic when changing something on the right to avoid back and forth jumping.

You have to press F5 (reload the page) every time a patch comes out to apply the changes.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
    Taelyn, ravien_ff and Germanicus like this.