Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by EleonGameStudios, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smokified

smokified Lieutenant

A bug seems to have been introduced with the newest dedi build. Playfield processes will launch and then close, or launch and then throw an error when somebody connects for the first time.

It also appears that some clients are hanging at "Connecting to server" even though on the console it is showing the connection was accepted and login succeeded.

emp error1.png

Tested on multiple servers. Issue does not occur if launching 6.0.1 or 6.0.2.
    All servers tested are Server 2016 (Windows 10) on ESXi 6.5 VMs

It would be nice if in steam, you would make it so that you can download any "released' experimental version instead of being forced only to the latest. This makes troubleshooting much easier.

2. Force

Force Ensign

Hey all, I seem to have a problem with my dedicated server on the experimental build. The first issue is that drones are not attacking players in vehicles. You can fly right up to them and they won't shoot at you. If you hop out of your vehicle, then they will start attacking. There are also no timed drone attacks.

In addition, player SVs have disappeared on two occasions. They were flying in them and then tried to land. Upon exiting the cockpit the SVs disappeared.

I hope that you folks can help me get this figured out!

Thanks.

3. phamtrinli

phamtrinli Ensign

Anyone else having an issue with Steam not displaying the dedicated server in Tools?
    I can access/download the server via SteamCD, but I would rather access it via the normal interface.

I have completely un-installed/reinstalled (which shouldn't affect the library anyway)
    I have deleted/reinstalled Steam.
    I have restarted Steam.
    I have contacted Steam Support (completely unhelpful and giving me a run-around).

Does anyone know how to restore the dedicated server to the "Tools" section, or why it is missing?

4. NebraskaJay

NebraskaJay Ensign

Hi I have a dedicated server with Nitrado and I'm having a problem with the seed not matching in game. The seed set in the yaml file is different than what the game is loading in when I check it in console and this is causing log errors with mismatched data like when opening a container.

Is this a known bug?

5. Hjorvir

Hjorvir Ensign

Hey everyone,

I've been wondering if there's a possibility to rename the TSPs on Planets, i.e. making a custom planet from a desert planet would always imply that the name is "TSP Omicron"

On TSO / Orbit configs, it'd look something like:

- Type: BA_Admin
    Prefab: TSO_OmicronOrbit
    Mode: Survival
    Name: TSO WhateverMyNameShouldBe
    Pos: [ -2700, 1500, 3500 ]
    Rot: [ 0, -50, 0 ]
    InitPower: True ​

On the TSP / Planet configs, however, it refers to an .epb file that can't be renamed out of the config.

- GroupName: TS_Omicron
    CountMinMax: [ 1, 1 ]
    DroneProb: 0
    DronesMinMax: [ 1, 1 ]
    ReserveCount: 1
    TroopTransport: False
    Is there any way to rename the TSPs as well, or is there just no option because it's randomly placed to match the terrain? Cause literally, I don't see the reasoning behind giving us the option to name one, while not being able to name the other.

Oh, and of course, simply adding the property Name: TSP WhateverMyNameShouldBe throws:

Exception during deserialization ---> System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Property 'Name' not found on type 'Assembly-CSharp.StreamStack+PathLoader'.

Would've been too easy AMIRITE?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  6. Pentacoast

Pentacoast Ensign

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  7. VUVossi

VUVossi Lieutenant

Hi all,

does anyone know the steam id for the experimental server, so that it can be downloaded with steamcmd ?

thx
    Vossi

8. Sacksquatch

Sacksquatch Captain

I can't seem to start DS. It pops up the blue window but never finishes (save and quit button, players etc). If I try to connect it errors. I have verified integrity of both Empyrion, and DS tool. I've also done a restart just in case. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

9. Sugada

Sugada Ensign

I am working on creating a new solo mission and was wondering anyone knew where the word "CornDogBush" is located? I can't find it in the Localization.csv file.

10. Endless Shogun

Endless Shogun Ensign

Issue with dedicated server:
    I have a dedi set up on my PC, I have the bandwidth and processing power to handle it just fine, in fact, I sandbox two Empyrion games on one PC, both connected to a Dedi server running on the same PC, both with 60-frames, so not a PC hardware issue.

I have setup a static IP, and forwarded the ports: 30000-30004, and additionally forwarded several ports that Steam suggests you forward also.
    I'm using a game server management software that have built in telnet, the YAML file of the server has been appropriatly adjusted to reflect the used ports.

Issue:
    I can connect to the server just fine, but my friend cannot connect.
    We used the external IP of course, and tried several different ports, but nothing.
    Firewall has been instructed to allow outside connections, and certain ports.

Any idea what the problem might be at this point?

11. VUVossi

VUVossi Lieutenant

hi,

try to use the ports 26900 to 26904, that word on my server.
    i had the same problem with 30000 to 30004

12. Endless Shogun

Endless Shogun Ensign

Thank you! I'll add those and give it another shot.

13. Gorby

Gorby Commander

My friend is hosting a dedicated server; he has ports 30000-30004 all forwarded correctly and I can even telnet into the server from my computer. However, his server doesn't show up on the in-game list and I can't even connect to it using the direct IP address. The error is "Error: Connect to server failed: ConnectionFailed".

How could I be able to telnet into the server but not connect to it otherwise?

EDIT: I assume he has the forwarding set up correctly; obviously it works for port 30004 and he's no dummy, we've both worked in IT for many years.

EDITEDIT: False alarm, sorry; he got home and tried ports 26900-26904 instead and that worked like a charm.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  14. VUVossi

VUVossi Lieutenant

does anyone know ehy i can load the playfield i get the following error in the logfile
    09-08:48:09.961 10_48 -ERR- Cannot change client 1/'VUVossi' to blocked playfield 'Mars'

15. Wardancer

Wardancer Ensign

So, for most people, do you get your dedi server running by just setting port forwarding to 26900-26904? I have tried the 30000 range with no success. I can connect with the local IP, but not external.

16. Advent

Advent Ensign

Hi everyone. My buddy was running our dedicated server and I was just reaping the benefits of his hard work. Now, for reasons, he is currently unable to maintain the server and Im trying to pick up the slack. I believe I was able to update the server properly using SteamCMD and the server is up and running and all SEEMS ok but I cant seem to find the new HV T2 laser drill template in the advanced constructor. Trying to cook some up with no luck. Im able to itemmenu some in but other than that I'm at a loss. I'm sure I've done something noobish but any help would be greatly appreciated.

17. Xango2000

Xango2000 Captain

still no response on this?

18. N99024

N99024 Captain

Its the same process to change it to experimental if you were to do it to the game client.

19. Xango2000

Xango2000 Captain

I figured it out a month ago, lost this thread. Thank you for reminding me.

steamcmd +login xango2000 +app_update 530870 -beta experimental validate +quit

20. Koraxbear

Koraxbear Ensign

Hi there, I got an issue trying to use commands on a rented server as an admin, the server gave me an RCON PW, yet there seems to be no reference with RCON in this game, any help?

I'm the server owner btw

Edit: not sure about RCON but managed to make it work without, so no worries

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.