v1.7 Experimental III

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Pantera, Dec 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. As far as I'm concerned this was just them fixing a bug that has been in the game for years now.
    Rotate up was always listed as up arrow in the controls, and rotate down was down arrow.
    This was always true if you were in space using your jetpack, up arrow was rotate up, and down arrow was rotate down.

However, prior to 1.7, if you were piloting a vessel it was always reversed, which made no sense for the way the controls were listed.

Now it is correct across the board and I beg them not to change it back. Even if it was on accident.
    That's my thoughts on it anyways.

I have mentioned this inconsistency more than once over the years and have seen it mentioned by others too.

Edit
    I don't care if they want to invert it again. If they do just please invert it across the board (player AND vessels alike) so it is consistent like it is now.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2021
  2. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Indeed. The last updates of Exp 1.7.x where of GB in size. Who knows what happened?

3. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

I noticed that also. Just re assign the keys as you like. It worked for me I often use the 4 arrow keys. The autorun assgined key does not work though. I use TAB.

upload_2021-12-15_19-40-15.png

krazzykid2006 likes this.
  4. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Its for this fix & afaik the size is managed by steam once it scans what has been uploaded.
    We plan to release tomorrow morning.

5. TheWhiteRaven

TheWhiteRaven Ensign

So a few things i have seen in this update Water is a step in right direction. need to figure out how to make it dynamic expand as shore lines are dug also with that water plains intersecting some structures. you are getting water effects inside pois. so either pois need to be moved so there is no effect or better yet put a o2 check on structures touching water and as long as said structures are air tight you remove water effect this would be my preferred way to remove water effect since you could open up underwater pois and personnel bases . also noted some oddities along some shore lines where water would some times collide with vegetation and create weird dip in the water. anyways my 2 cents worth

6. [BB]Drifter

[BB]Drifter Commander

When you say release I assume you mean to the stable branch?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.