What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

I watched parts of @LiftPizzas video on a POI frontal assault and learned that with sufficient skill, you can tilt HV's upwards while attacking POI's which allows the fixed minigun to be useful.... damnit. I am going to keep the designs I have the way they are because the lion's share of this game is still more about HV turrets as opposed to the static minigun... but it is still good to know.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Introducing, Myrmidon.

This is my attempt at a solo super heavy battle tank for PVP - at least for now; if this design proves effective, I may attempt others...

I really wanted to create a super heavy tank that one person would operate, would have all the necessities, would have a "tank" feel - so not decked out in turrets; instead focusing on 1 - 4 along with the main gun, yet have a non-traditional look.

There are multiple levels of armor on all sides, it is fast, very agile for it's size, and while visually stunning, it should also promote a visual paradox for your opponents making them hesitate to try and figure out what they are looking at.

This would also be HIGHLY effective in Survival - it is just a little pricey.

It is sad that none of the ordinance can be affected by sloped armor - it would be fun if the frontal armor struts could offer deflection. :)

Steam Link:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=811051483

Enjoy!

Creative_12_2016-12-02_23-23-04.png

Creative_12_2016-12-02_23-28-39.png

Creative_12_2016-12-02_23-25-23.png

Creative_12_2016-12-02_23-23-11.png

3. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

That is tremendous.

4. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

WHOAA!! I LOVE IT!! I know this had to take a month or two to build but it looks awesome

5. Kyrt Malthorn

Kyrt Malthorn Captain

I finally got my hands on the latest build (or two) and have the new deco and bock shapes! So inevitably, I spent what little time I had perusing the new goodies and started to redecorate one of my favorite CVs. Not even half done there.

Am I the only one who thinks the lab deco/medium box is totally a microwave? :)

6. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Well the War for this planet continues and I 'm winning and the third enemy base has been taken out but the ship repairs are adding up. It would be nice to have a NPC crew to handle the repairs so I focus on winning the war . lol FOR THE EMPIRE!!!!!!!!!
    Screenshot (134).png Screenshot (135).png

Screenshot (136).png

7. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

@banksman45 - I do love limping back from a successful POI sortie in a damage ship, make me know I've worked for it (or I'm really not the best pilot lol) The new repair pads really help of course, though I'm really looking forward to the "T2" block-replacing version.

@Fractalite - Love that tank, would be great if angled armour was functional as you say. I tend to build tanks (which look like boxes, not with actual styling flair like yours) that are fairly soft, think armour only using normal steel blocks. The up-side is that it's easier to make them nimble. However, I do feel that we need some more HV Thruster options, as too much surface area gets taken up with them sometimes. Your design, with two large slant thrusters at the rear might look good too.

Haven't had much time to play of late, however last night I did start work on my new CV - the first in my current 4.4 SP start. Not a huge CV build this time - well, it started that way - but I wanted to add a docking area for a VERY large HV I have planned. I want to do the whole HV planetary drop again, which was fun, just surviving with the basic materials on the HV, having to harvest resources to make what I need - with no way back up to my CV in orbit of course. Still, CV build will be a while yet until completion, but my AMiD's should have got me some more Ores by then...erm, just remembered they're still T1's lol.

Scoob.

8. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

20161203085805_1.jpg This had to happen to others, but I was zipping across the planet and of course it got dark and I see these glowing red rocks appear... what in hell? Facepalm - yup SI was on.

9. Kyrt Malthorn

Kyrt Malthorn Captain

This morning I got in an started building a copy of Fractalite's frame with CV blocks and then started playing with it.... it was coming along really well.

Then my pc crashed hard.

And it's all gone.

Well that was 2 hours I won't get back.

10. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Has a block replacing version been confirmed ?

11. Kyrt Malthorn

Kyrt Malthorn Captain

@Fractalite , did I thank you yet?

I'm using this as my first design intended from the start to be a war ship.

Attached Files:

banksman45 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  12. Slipstream

Slipstream Captain

Today, my faction jumped into our new charter system on Unknown Skies. And got bounced by a pair of laser drones. For the first time, our group scrambled fighters as a squadron, and put a down payment on some alien scum. Oh. Yeah.

It was HELLA FUN.

Welcome to the Ceti Alpha system!

-B.

[​IMG]

13. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

I'm having some trouble coming up with HV and SV designs to go with my industrial themed CV. I have a couple designs based on the mini Barghest but I'm not entirely pleased with them. I may post them anyway as separate things. I updated a couple older designs and gained a bit of inspiration for a ship and a ship building platform. Docking pads make it easy to hang a ship off a structure and work on the underbelly. :D

The ship should prove interesting.

14. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

In addition to that, Weapon Convergence enables ya to be able to try to keep the Crosshairs on a Enemy Personnel to hit them with all the Gatling Guns instead of Spraying & Praying to try to hit them with one of them with constant guessing in how to position the HV to get ONE of the Gatling Guns to happen to point onto that Enemy Personnel. :)

It'd be fun to see you & Slam duke it out between each other sometime! :)

Sadly I can't... as of the time of this Post, my RL's gone to hell... :(

Ya think that's bad, imagine if Ship SI was in then if that Ship was hit too hard on its Flanks & busted up in the middle then flew apart & split in half! :p

Not that I know of, but we still wish for it really hard & surely the Devs will listen to us yet some more... *Puppy Dog Eyeballs the Devs*

Fractalite and Pantera like this.
  15. Christianholmes

Christianholmes Captain

What planet is that?

Looks cool. If it's custom can I get a copy for my server?

banksman45 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  16. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Ha! I would love to have a go at slam with some of these HV's - purely on a friendly and experimental basis of course. @Slam Jones is awesome. :cool::eek::)

Also, hope things level off in the world. No fun to have things going sour. :eek::(:)

Lastly, are you sure - like really sure that miniguns weapons fire converges? I ask because for the longest time it did not. :confused:

17. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Many thanks... I can use all the Good Karma I can get.

I can't remember atm when or where on these Forums, but my Memory swears it did get Tested... though as useless as my Memory is, that's no real assurance, so it might not be a shabby idea for it to get Re-Tested.

Fractalite likes this.
  18. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

@Tyrax Lightning - disregard my question; I slapped together a test rig:

Creative_12_2016-12-03_14-52-31.png

Then threw up a firing wall:

Creative_12_2016-12-03_14-56-28.png

And in theory, if the weapons fire did NOT converge, then the damage would be extended across the blocks in a line - which, as you can see from the image, it is all focused on one block(s.)

Yeah, I was the one doing the testing. :) :D:p But that was for SV weapons and during the course of the thread, Liftpizzas pointed out that while most SV fixed weapons did converge, the miniguns did not. So, it is annoying to report, that they do, in fact, NOW, converge.

I say it is annoying, because I did not know they had changed this. It provoked a good ole verbal loudly exhaled, "GOD FUCKING DAMNIT" from me when I did this testing because I have been purposefully ignoring the miniguns on all my designs for this reason.

So, woo. :oops::rolleyes:

Time to build some more! :) :cool:

19. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Oh that is one of the standard planets that come with the game. It's called Ningues on your map. It's one of my favorite planets that come with the game. I haven't made a custom planet in a while but I might create one pretty soon.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    Tyrax Lightning and Fractalite like this.
  20. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

You know that would be pretty cool. lol It's funny because during a battle if i get hit too hard I will try to repair the ship while the base is shooting at me and that's another reason for the big hole on the side. lol