What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Holy ****! First; that is kinda brilliant. Second; I had no idea that it could not go upside down. Nice find!

Tyrax Lightning and Pantera like this.
  2. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Try it with a tiny HV / hoverbike instead?

3. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

4. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    OK I had to remove 2 panels of glass each side as they were getting caught & added more rcs & a M Thruster facing backwards for more power so I can move better. Also my mouse sensitivity is at 2600dpi & ingame mouse slider to max to get it to flip over its not perfectly smooth but almost there :)
    I might have to make the middle part abit wider like I have done to the outside parts either side so 3 blocks per lane.

5. oojimaflip

oojimaflip Captain

I spy a Space Moles Mosquito in that video.... how did that fare on the Loop O' Doom? ;)

6. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    It was about the same as the one in the video but without the front turrets as they kept getting caught on the blocks & I added 2 extra thrusters facing backwards for some extra thrust. If I do another video I'll try both of them.

oojimaflip and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  7. CocoCincinnati

CocoCincinnati Lieutenant

Base update. The "west wing" is starting to take shape pretty good but I don't like the walkway connecting it. If you make them just one block wide, you have to turn the window blocks around backward to make them fit and it makes the tint on the inside (or am I just imagining that). So I'll tear down the walkway in between and redo it and try to figure out a better design. Next challenge is building the main structure higher and maintaining SI (which isn't bad at all right now).

Base2.jpg

8. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Started a new game on Akua with Alpha 5 and landed near this:

logistics center.png
    It's a Logistics Center. Fully equipped, including growing plots. I even found a Constructor in one of the lockers. A quick re-core and my base-building was done. Though I usually prefer to roll my own, this is a nice change. Well designed and decorated.

Here's the seed, if you want to take a tour:

9. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Will post this here as the 5.x announcement thread is starting to get a little full...

So, today in Empyrion, I went looking for my first freighter! Which, according to @banksman45 might be "higher up" between the new trading post and the moon:

Survival_20_2016-12-18_14-43-54.png

I even built me this sweet new survival SV - heinously fast with 63+ m/s^2 in every direction and 15+ in all the agility statistics - roll, pitch, etc. I was gonna hunt me some LOOT! *Que the fun pirates music*:

but... the loot proved elusive... and after minutes of searching, I decided to head to the moon to salvage the crashed ship for its plunder of combat steel - all the while knowing, that in the back of my mind, this adventure was going to end sadly since I had not opted to bring any food with me...

So I finished up the salvage operations, even mined some neodynium and Sathium, and went to head back to Akua

AND

Low and behold, right as I feared, a cap ship bearing the markings of what I think is the Hakon, appeared in front of me.... BUT I HAD NO FOOD!

Survival_20_2016-12-18_15-18-52.png

So then I started thinking, ole Banks mentioned that the ship he looted had tons of stuff, maybe I would get lucky and there would be food waiting for me! So I gunned ma engines, and zoomed in for the kill!

Only to discover that this thing was COATED in pulse laser turrets!

Survival_20_2016-12-18_15-20-07.png

Do not get me wrong, I done has the skillz to kill off that ****, BUT I HAD NO FOOD FOR THE TIME NEEDED!! ARRRRGHYEARGH!

*sigh*

And as I have been typing, since I forgot to eat, I just heard my character die. Awesome.

10. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

On the plus side, listening to super epic pirate music while playing survival is kinda awesome. I normally dial up something while playing in creative, but this music makes things so much.... grander! The developers should licence some for any period you are in space.

11. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Wow so they do appear near the asteroid fields too. COOL. Well pack some more food and head back out there. lol

Phantom Aria and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  12. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

If you're not using the Armored Shutter Windows, ya can use the Multitool in 'Change & Rotate Mode', then the LMB to reverse the Tint on the Windows. ;)

*Laughs my ass of at ya* :p

Couldn't save even ONE Block on that SV for a Fridge? XD

CocoCincinnati likes this.
  13. Parakiet

Parakiet Commander

I never leave without some food.
    Actually I never leave without a lot of thingys.

Kinda packrat.

Food, coffee, medkit, bandages, antidote, 10 small o2, 30big o2, tinned vegetables, guns, ammo.

And yes every time I get in to situations where I think "if only i brought more rockets"

14. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Dude, totally just filled my **** up with food, set the Flogging Molly to volume level "Blaring" and hunted the freighter down! Rawr! What an epic fight!

"Swing a little more, the morer the merrier, swing a little more, on the devil's dance floor!" *Blam* *Blam* *Epic duel with 15 turrets* *Blam*

Gots me two epic shotguns out of it. Was amazing. Developers, please add more of this kind of thing!

15. Tyrax Lightning

I go a step farther, I tend to have one or two "Spare Parts Boxes" dedicated to holding Replacement Parts for many important Components, including but not limited to Spare Cores, Spare Cockpits, Spare RCS, Spare Warp Drives & Warp Drive Tanks for CV Builds, & such! :D (After having a HV Cockpit blowed up on the opposite side of the Planet from my Starter Base one time too many. :p)

Maybe AI SVs will be next? :D

binhthuy71 likes this.
  16. [FN] NKCazy

[FN] NKCazy Ensign

I remember when I'd just bumrush Xeno towers to get in under the defenses (that still fired through terrain) just so I could capture it and make it my own.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  17. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I love the fact that being a Space Pirate is officially part of this game now. Attacking Freighters and boarding the ship. This game keeps getting better
    Now they know it works then adding more Capital ships should be easy or at least I think they would be. Finally a reason to hang out in space !! lol Can imagine what it will be like to have enemy CVs and SVs flying around in space attacking you

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    Siege Inc. and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  18. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I was looking for copper when I found this. Large Residence Complex. I had to take out 5 drones in first just to get to the base but it's MINES NOW!!. lol It's also fully stocked. Just added a few Turrets. I don't have to worry about building a base. lol I'm going to use part of this base for spare parts so I can start on my SV.
    Screenshot (213).png
    Screenshot (216).png

19. Tyrax Lightning

Finally got a chance to watch the 2 Loop Vids & this one is making HV Looping look plausible! :D

20. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Malo must be thrilled at how much fun everyone's having with his civvy settlements. :D