What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

@ravien_ff Mate do you ever sleep? That all looks great! But I have to admit the antenna array looks like a wind farm to me ;)

2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

It does! One with really tiny, futuristic blades.
    I can always hide the name so players can pretend it's anything they want. :D

3. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

The CE limit doesn't make any sense and should be removed, which would at least take care of one of your problems.

But, fundamentally, SVs are just a lot smaller than CVs; that SV that you're planning has the equivalent storage of just 32 CV blocks. So, if you've got millions of L of storage on your production CV, then of course it's going to take a lot of trips with the SV to fill it up. Obviously, CV-CV docking would make this situation somewhat better by allowing you to use a cargo-hauler CV to make the rounds in. Still, if you really are processing kilotons of material every day, big cargo ships seem like par for the course.

Tyrax Lightning, Ann|e Noa|m and Neal like this.
  4. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Well I do love the fact that we will be using bigger ships now. I found it weird that people were carrying CV thrusters in a SV that was smaller than the thruster itself. Plus I enjoy building big ships anyway

5. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Day 10 of my war against the Pols faction. A war started over opening a container. lol

Screenshot (367).png

Screenshot (358).png

6. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
  7. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Got inspired for a warp capable SV :) Sadly EGS does not provide big circled blocks so I will have to improvise.

8. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

Yeah, i didn't like it very much.
    So i made this one:
    Creative 001_2019-01-16_17-00-10.png
    I admit it doesn't look very aerodynamic or especially fast, but it looks more like an explorer than a combat vessel and that was what i was aiming for.
    (It's still a WIP of course)

9. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Well, this Bridge Section looks far better IMO. Where to I order it?;):D

10. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

*Loads ingots into his HV after load-balancing patch*
    *watches HV Roooooolllllllll over on its side*
    *blinks for a couple seconds and then grins toothily*
    Well F*#&$ng RIGHT ON!
    *rolls up sleeves and grabs the big hammer*

dpburke2, Kieve, RazzleWin and 8 others like this.
  11. H.P. Strangelove

H.P. Strangelove Captain

I've been working on a rather large HV (at least this game considers it large) and currently the weight sans cargo is about 632t. With cargo bays full it jumps up to 806t.

I designed it in such a way that it still functions perfectly fine albeit a bit 'chunkier' to move (which was a bit of a challenge considering how absolutely awful HV thrusters and RCS are), but I was still not expecting such a significant weight increase.

I think other than the actual weights needing adjustment, the amount of cargobay extensions required for basic supplies is a bit ridiculous (not to mention no slot increases). Now consider the mysterious CPU limit number, which is another build limitation we haven't been subjected to yet, which seems to be working in opposition to the volume system due to extensions having such high CPU cost.

For the time being I'm totally ignoring CPU, but will attempt to incorporate volume.

12. Donbingo

Donbingo Captain

Why do I always start on something that are too big, and take too much time, only to expand the idea to include a lot of extra useless stuff...
    Just to give an idea of how much ( or little) I have done to now:
    20190116205842_1.jpg
    Its a little dark, but every day the last week it has been foggy ;)

Fuel station, alsmost done. Firestation, outside sone. Freight central, almost done. power station. almost done.
    Main departure hall, outside done (may rebuild it)
    Hangars, repair/maintenance, construction, tower, not started.
    Runway, miss markings and lights.
    Vehicles: Big oil truck, finished. small oil truck, not started. Containertruck with, and without container, finished. loose containers (HV) finished. 2 firetrucks, finished. (2 other rescue types, not started) passanger stairlift, finished, small cargo vehicles, finished.

Of the 2 CV, The Outpost ship (closest) finished. Wolf hunter, miss 1/3 inside.

13. Na_Palm

Na_Palm Captain

Sometimes it takes something heavy with brutal firepower to get your point of view transported to the opponent.
    NewGame_8_2019-01-16_21-28-43.jpg

NewGame_8_2019-01-16_22-01-54.jpg
    NewGame_8_2019-01-16_21-29-47.jpg
    NewGame_8_2019-01-16_22-00-29.jpg

The closest classification would possibly be an assault shuttle.
    It is meant to eradicate a hostile base from that lovely place you just found. Combined with fighters, to ensure air superiority, this will punsh big holes into enemy property. ;)
    The large scale and details are working towards damage control.

Movement to new town is mostly done now, so i have time for EGS finally

14. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

so i finally found a build using my old model imports and found this beauty https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1572052273

i poped the guy a message see if i can update it to alpha 9 and publish it since it seems hes inactive, i love halo ships more then any sci fi ship, there designs are awesome, but wayyyyyyy to big for EGS but this one light frigate seen in halo 2 fits the bill, it isent 1:1 more 1:4 but its still very good, and BY GOD THAT ENGINE ROOM! please guys check out his hard work its damn good

15. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Damn, what a beast! Gonna keep my eyes peeled for this one, when you're done. I can't put my paw on it, but there's something about that 'junkyard dog' style of yours that I really love - and I say that as someone who generally dislikes those designs. They have this "patched together with love" feel that conveys identity, personality (like Firefly's "Serenity" or Farscape's "Moya") and I wish to hell I knew how you manage that. The Rigger Mk2 is still one of my favorite SVs.

16. The Tactician[ Λ ]

this is crazy cool, love the dead planet idea too

17. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

18. Ann|e Noa|m

Ann|e Noa|m Captain

Another day have passed and the Orbital Base keeps growing.. think i am mostly done with the outer hull (besides tiding it up and texture paint etc).. To not loose my mind i started with a few bits inside instead.. like a railsystem (with a custom-made SV) between the 4 main hangars and started on the growingplot-area as well.
    Think i will try and keep the main inner sphere mostly empty (i like big open spaces in space-stations.. gives me that star wars feeling :) ).
    20190116231819_1.jpg
    But yeeeeeah... so much to do still even if lots of open space.

And the class... yikes.. it's getting big ^^
    20190116231831_1.jpg

19. The Tactician[ Λ ]

SEVENTY NINE.......
    *faints*

20. Na_Palm

Na_Palm Captain

many thanks @Kieve and @Fractalite, between finishing our movement and searching for a job now i think that i can get this new one ready for your paws till the weekend. ;)
    The 'patched together with love' is a really good analogy to my build style. Most time i look for interesting parts in syfy pics and movies and then build from there on. As i try to make them somewhat believable, they tend to get bigger and get more detail than tha usual workshop files. And worktime you put into the designs matters, at least to me.
    This one took nearly a weak, begun shortly before christmas with the front.