What is the LEAST FUN single-task action in the game right now?

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

Bases are 'private'.
    You dont want to enter a Code to every door you want to pass.
    But to let Friends come in, you enter a Code.
    And as a private base, enter Code 0 to make it public.

Admin bases are 'private', so they need Code '0' (expands to 0000) to let ANY Player pass :p

I'd be happy with having multiple doors in a Group, select Group, enter Code, and all doors in that Group get same Code.

(PS: Windows autocorrection sucks)

Germanicus likes this.
  2. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

I utterly hate doing interiors of any kind.
    It is not because i wouldn't like creating nice looking interiors for ships and bases, but because of the limitations of the game (can only place one object per 2x2 meters makes everything look extremely awkward and rediculusly huge, imo.)
    The only occasion i'm ok with it is when building really big SVs, but that is almost never the case tbh.

Ways to improve this would be to add TONS of new furniture (i'm speaking in the thousands) and make them somehow free placeable (which is probably impopssible due the game limitations).

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  3. dpburke2

dpburke2 Captain

Inventory management. In particular, transferring inventory. Whether from my SV to my CV or HV to BA, and especially if I choose to pull out from a world and transferring cargo from the BA to CV.

I work in IT, and for one day the company asked us to help out in the warehouse. Receiving the inventory was tedious. I get that part. Yet even in our current age, the people at the warehouse were asking us if it was possible to automate some of this. They had a vision of unloading the truck onto a conveyor and having a computer do much of the work. When I am playing in a futuristic game setting I then wonder why there can’t be automated cargo transfers. At first, you should have to do it manually but as you continue to advance in the game it should be possible to automate the work. Is this not set in the future with all sorts of automation already included?

Of course, once cargo transfers between vessels and between a vessel and a base are simplified, then I am going to want cargo transfers within simplified as well, such as input and output from constructors and/or food processors. Then after that, it would be harvesting the growing plots when the crops are ready that I will want automated. Okay, I’ll admit it, I just want systems to automate assorted tasks in the mid to late game (level 20+).

4. TDplay

TDplay Ensign

I think that in A9 automation is going to at least start to be added with a 'Logistics' panel shown in one of the teaser screenshots. What next - maybe autocrafting, autofarming, autopilot of cargo ships... So yeah, I think they're going to add stuff to scratch that automation itch.

dpburke2 likes this.
  5. Damocles

Damocles Captain

Maybe some kind of filter, that assigns each inventory what type of cargo it should hold.
    For example:
    -ores
    -intermediary components
    -food
    -plants
    -blocks
    -weapons
    -ammo
    -KEEP ALL (holding on to everything it has)
    etc..

then pressing a simple : "distribute" button will rearrange all inventories nearby (connected) to sort all items.
    If a filter of that type was not set, it just stays where it was.

This mechanic can then be used to automatically dump all loot from the SV to the CV or base storage.
    The SV can use separate cargo boxes. One for mission goods that need to stay. One for loot (wich all gets dumped to the base at one click)

Food will land in the fridge, ore in the resource storages etc..

6. I am Goot

I am Goot Ensign

What is the LEAST FUN single-task action in the game right now?

Quite a simply answer really........ Having to figure out the state of the game everytime these morons release an improperly tested new version of the game. Alpha 9, game broken, played 5 minutes

Christianholmes likes this.
  7. Christianholmes

Christianholmes Captain

I haven't even figured out WHAT alpha 9 is supposed to be. The inventory system has simply gotten so confusing I'm not sure what for. But then again I can't seem to actually turn the weight management feature ON (why can't they just put it temporarily in difficulty settings instead of 9000 different .yaml files.

The screen shots were shown huge base attack waves. Is that in there? Because right now it's all broken and goddamnit somebody spend five minutes figuring out why rocks aren't despawning when I break them.

8. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Please, beware your word choices, we are with you in the SAME game but, please!

Morrigan likes this.
  9. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Read here:
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/alpha-experimental-9-0-update-2.46766/page-8#post-284914

10. I am Goot

I am Goot Ensign

And what words are you refering... the ones that bite Eleon on the ass?

I am angry, and I have every right to be.... this new version is total and utter BULL.

I have lost everything, EVERYTHING like most others have no doubt. All construction containers EMPTY, did the game move them to a container, NO.

Did they give us any warning that this patch was going live today... not that I have noticed.

My personal inventory is empty, every time I try to put anything in it, it automatically disappears, and before any of you say it... I have already complained about it in the feedback forum. Is anything that I put in my inventory been distributed to a nearby cargo box... NO it hasnt, I checked them all.

Played less than 5 minutes, IF you cannot carry anything, what is the point trying?

11. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Each new Alpha patch requires a fresh start without using old saved games - at least is that the request that the Developers put in the first post of each new Bug Report threat:rolleyes:.

Those Words...you will know what as soon as a Moderator sweeps in and cleaning all referring postings;)

Morrigan likes this.
  12. Rekalty

Rekalty Ensign

Manually harvesting crops, even more so if you have lots of different crops that have different growth times. It would be great if crops either accumulated their products, like a mushroom plant growing one mushroom at a time, with a lower growth time, and being able to have a total of 4-6 on the plant, so you don't just harvest crops and get 1 product, and then have to wait for the cycle to complete again. Being able to just let them go and then come back an harvest several at once would make it a lot less tedious and time consuming.

dichebach, Spirit_OK and geostar1024 like this.
  13. IronCartographer

IronCartographer Captain

On the bright side, with logistics now you can connect to a container and automatically put everything you pick up into it while on the connected toolbar. Saves transferring stacks after harvesting the plants.

14. Rekalty

Rekalty Ensign

Yeah, that certainly helps. Always bothered me that you had to harvest stuff, only to watch it slowly decay as you made your way to your fridge/food processor. Obviously they could also make some kind of machinery that would automatically harvest crops, but I feel like that would just make it too easy, having it accumulate more crops over time feels like a good balance between the two.

IronCartographer likes this.
  15. Philipp

Philipp Captain

Currently for me it is that you get rare things to easy. I would love to see a smaller chance for getting rare things in loot containers and also receive less money for the items you can sell (cause you can build especially weapons really easy and sell them for good gold).

16. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

On the harvesting thread, I kinda wish we had a "base drone" that would harvest the crops automatically and put them in the fridge the player designates.

dichebach likes this.
  17. MidasGunhazard

MidasGunhazard Captain

Isn't this precisely what Automation is supposed to solve?

18. IronCartographer

IronCartographer Captain

Perhaps, but certainly inventory and crafting management. Harvesting plants would be a logical extension but not with a clear implementation barring a new mechanic entirely (heck, even logistics ended up with the new cargo boxes since they decided to add volume at the same time...).

19. Gary Parkin

Gary Parkin Captain

1. Inventory management.
    2. I'd like to be able to grow any plant including any crystals. Maybe the crystals require a special container or room conditions.

I don't mind the mining and bull work in the beginning. It's part of the game.
    And I blueprint everything so when I start over with a new game, after learning the new mechanics, I can get it all back.

20. Damocles

Damocles Captain

Unless you could bribe the Talon with 100 crates of tomatos, I always wonder why there is the need to upscale farming.
    Its not that the hunger of the player scales up with production.

What do people want all those fruits and vegetables for?