A9 - NPC Factions and NPC Faction Standing

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Dec 17, 2018.

1. paxxo1985

paxxo1985 Commander

I am Honored with Zirax and Zirax turrets still shooting me... is normal?

20181220203512_1.jpg 20181220204029_1.jpg

2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Did you kill the predators IN the territory of the zirax? (You won't get RP for doing that outside of a territory).
    For killing zirax you should have gotten -RP for Talon and Polaris in any way.

3. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Did you get honored a while before you even entered range of the base?
    Please always add info if MP or SP

4. paxxo1985

paxxo1985 Commander

MP
    I was honored 10 minutes before entering in range of base
    I fixed switching my ship to faction - was private

Ship set to Private - shoots me
    Ship set to Faction - doesnt shoot me anymore

5. serogate

serogate Ensign

Yes I made sure I was in one of the three factions territory and standing next to and even inside some of the building shooting the spiders, and night raptors... no change to rep other than the loss every few seconds If I get in my hv to drive away. it's the same with all 3 faction for me. I'm going to verify files (again) and see if helps

Ok so the game files checked out, single player faction working fine, Multiplayer still not showing gains.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  6. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Please both report the issues in the bug section so QA can grab it from there. Thx!

7. Licter

Licter Ensign

While I was working on the first set of Talon quests, I decided to activate the turrets on my HV to help kill some nasty spiders. They did so, quite effectively, but they also decided to shoot a couple of Talon villagers before I could turn them off. A couple of points that this situation raised:

1. My expectation was that turrets that I own would not target non-hostile NPCs. I would understand if I had the turrets set to attack prey animals, and I lost reputation because they killed prey animals in Talon territory. That's a reasonable "oops, my bad." But I didn't expect my turrets to start mowing down friendly villagers (and consequently setting my reputation instantly to Unfriendly).

2. I'm not exactly sure what the effects of "Unfriendly" is (after losing at least a thousand more rep because I couldn't get my HV out of their territory fast enough, I basically rage-quit the game out of frustration). I tried to enter the village to talk to the Elder and continue the quest, but while I was able to do that, all the guards also started attacking me. So the Elder was willing to talk to me, but his guards were out for my blood. I would expect hostile behavior from the faction if my reputation was, well, Hostile. What does the "Unfriendly" status represent (besides one step closer to them not being hostile)?

What would make sense to me, what would be intuitive to encounter, would be if "Unfriendly" meant the following:
    • Guards move to within a certain range of you -- close, but not blocking your movement -- basically watching you closely so that they can respond quickly if you do something wrong (maybe also growling at you?). Non-guard villagers would move away from you.
    • Traders would still be willing to sell to you, though at exorbitant prices.
    • Quest objective NPCs (e.g., the Elder) would still interact with you and allow quest progression.
    • You would get a warning (similar to the "Drones are about to attack your base") giving you a certain amount of time to get a vehicle out of the faction's territory or before you start losing reputation (rather than just watching rep drop with no idea why at first).

Spirit_OK likes this.
  8. adigregorio

adigregorio Ensign

9. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    are you sure you weren’t ‚unfriendly‘ already when your Turrets started to attack talon? SP or MP ? Can you share a screenshot of the turret settings that lead to the attack?

10. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Currently there is no way to deactivate.

11. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

I agree, I too would like to be able to play without reputation. After having spent a number of years in LOTRO the last thing I want to do is the Rep Grind it got so bad they had ya picking flowers each day! That is not fighting goblins! So yes please a way to turn them off would be most helpful :D

12. zztong

zztong Rear Admiral

I've captured the Zirax Shrine. There's a Trader3 in here. He's part of the Zrx faction. Now that I've captured the place I'd think he'd be a little more willing to trade with me. Whatever. If he wants to keep his shop open he's going to have to pay me. He's got a lot of nice stuff. I'd be a shame if any of it got broken.

13. Russell

Russell Commander

Not sure if these are bugs or deliberate (SP arid start, stable branch, build 2092): every 5 secs get negative rep (-49) when travelling in unfriendly territory - very irritating to have constant notification; picking single item or open single container rep goes from friendly 6000 to unfriendly instantly. Pretty much breaks the rep system. I picked a protein plant on the space station and went from well into friendly rep to unfriendly. Only killing spiders seems to earn favorable rep in Talon territory, yet mission lists a whole host of nasties to kill to complete. These issues affect all factions. There are at least 3 major issues here. Were they fixed in MP, but not even looked at in SP?

14. adigregorio

adigregorio Ensign

Thank you for the reply! :)

Since I am sure it will be asked, is that "no" a solid "We're never gonna do it"?

15. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

I would like a way to set turrets by faction. this is especially problematic with the Talon as they still wonder all over the planet, including in Zirax territory. this results in the situation where you go to Zirax territory to raise your rep with the Talon and end up shooting more Talon with your activated turrets. Please enable the ability to set turret targeting by each faction.

16. adigregorio

adigregorio Ensign

Are there any console commands that can be used to adjust standing(s)?

17. adigregorio

adigregorio Ensign

Faction rep local Zrx 5000

:D

18. TheSleuth

TheSleuth Ensign

Were you traveling in a vehicle (bike/HV/SV)? To my knowledge, traveling in a vehicle through faction territory with neutral or lower reputation upsets the locals. As far as picking plants, I think that might be unintentional behavior. I've noticed that it will lower your reputation, but not as substantially as other actions. If it's dropping your rep to unfriendly status just for snatching some plant protein, I'd say that's a bug. I think the container thing is intentional, though. I doubt any of the factions want you searching through their stuff.

Otherwise, yeah, there is still a lot of work to be done on what raises and lowers your reputation. I'm sure with upcoming patches it will be more fully developed.

19. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Can we get the ability to set a trader's faction? Some POIs are designed specifically to be a hostile POI but have a friendly trader within and this breaks that. We can currently set spawners to a specific faction but not traders.

Exacute likes this.
  20. Exacute

Exacute Rear Admiral

This sounds like a nice feature to have.. And would make sense aswell.

ravien_ff likes this.