Fixed AI has gone completely crazy

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Dapawemu, Jan 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Fireflash120

Fireflash120 Ensign

Yes Hummel, can confirm this is an issue with the new patch with one change.

Large number of rocket Zirax then normal
    Spiders and Zirax go through walls
    Zirax can shoot and pursue you regardless of level of POI (they just sink in to structure)

The only different item was that no Zirax spawn in the POI's, only on the outside then go through the walls.

Fireflash

2. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

I can also confirm that problem is still here - can't pinpoint what is the trigger, and what is happening because everything is 'strange' :)
    Tried same couple of POIs as before.

3. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    If the NPC spawns INSIDE a block this is very likely to happen. Thats why we sould absolutely NEED a savegame.

4. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    /merged threads (added bug report about zirax shooting throug walls)

Javarox87 likes this.
  5. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

My issue is, whenever this pops up during some poi play-testing... I'm pretty much dead before I have a chance to save my game in the middle of that flurry ;)

Like, I was going down the lower elevator blocks in the Bio-Weapons Lab (to the prison cell corridor)... and suddenly I was being 'smashed' to death by SOMETHING. Turns out it was the Armored Golem on the other side of the wall in another room. He aparently x-ray sees you through 1 block, and his attack is beyond 1 block, so he just starts mashing you as you are still in the elevator. If I come across this again, I'll try to save.

Also worth noting, that spawn zone for the golem, is NOT outside his own room, so he shouldn't have been spawned in the first place! (another bug, maybe related to the AI lunacy)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  6. TMG

TMG Ensign

I can also replicate this bug, it happens at every zirax base that spawns enemies with guns.

First nothing happens, then suddenly a whole bunch of enemies (pretty much from everywhere in the base) shoots at your small vessel - through walls, destroying many blocks in the process.
    Usually this kills the cockpit in less than a second. This makes bases like the unknown artifact completely impossible to loot.

The bug triggers when you are close to the base (for example on the roof), exit you vessel and then get back in.

If you want me to, I can supply a save file, coordinates or video.

7. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

Yup, that's part of the 'strange' in my previous post - when they start shooting I have a feeling that they don't even 'reload' and that weapons shoot at faster rate!

Yesterday I attacked 'Drone Factory' on server (after @Hummel-o-War asked did things changed with last update) and things looked ok on top level and on first/second one underground - I killed Zirax & Mechs and their spawners - so I was thinking 'ok, this looks fixed', so I didn't go to the elevator and to the big bottom underground level. When I got back to the HV and tried to drive away - one 'red laser' from somewhere deep down started shooting through all POI walls AND ground AND HV! ... so it was connected with getting back to cockpit.

Next I drove off to other POI I posted above in previous posts - Drone Base, and Comm Center next to it. They have lots of Zirax & Mechs patrolling grounds around - and they ignore you. After I provoked Zirax inside with attack and then jumping out & in of my HV, not only ones from inside started shooting and breaking POI (from inside) but also ones patrolling on foot outside started chasing me and my HV (I'm not sure who was shooting at me from them, but it looked it was just minigunners - in contrast with red & green lasers from below ground from Drone Base). This chasing and shooting by foot patrol units on ground lasted as long as I was in initial 'contact' with all of them (no matter how far I got from original POI, next batch of them loaded in game and attacked me - when I got to zone without any Zirax and then returned back they didn't chase or shoot.

During my testing before yesterday I also had in 'Comm Center' POI same experience as @TMG with last alive laser-Zirax shooting & destroying my SV cockpit while I was inside (and he was inside behind block shooting but not destroying it, probably because of straight shooting line) - my cockpit got blown to pieces after few hits, I survived, and Zirax stopped shooting or attacking me!

8. Javarox87

Javarox87 Captain

Theory...

The AI is not the issue and functioning accordingly.

One issue that has been interesting is that sometimes on POIs and AI patrol vessels certain blocks seem off (a little vague I know).

By off I am referring to the block being visible, but the hit box not being accurate and sometimes the block is indestructible.

This has been mostly the case on AI patrol vessels, but sometimes as well on other POIs and never consistent.

My guess here is that the AI is checking “Line of sight blocked Yes or No” as something is wrong with the either the hitbox or how the entity loaded the AI returns the value of “no” to that logic.

This is only based on observation after checking out an AI patrol vessel that was reported of being “invincible” on the server and testing out a new custom POI that used filler blocks.

9. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

I know this could be partially to blame with CERTAIN blocks... because I've run into it myself just trying to color certain sides of specific shapes. The color tool shoots through and hits the wrong side of the block, or one behind it.

But I dont think it would be the cause of the mass-hysteria going on with them ripping holes through mountains of different blocks. But who knows!

Javarox87 likes this.
  10. Castiel

Castiel Ensign

link to a video with bugs : <<<<<<

Mode: Survival

Mode: Singleplayer

SEED-ID: 598506

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No
    Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major

Type: Damage

Description:When you land your ship or hover near a base, and return to it (enters the cockpit). Enemies inside the base begin to shoot the ship through the walls. (ship being very close to base). Within the bases, a block away from height, enemies can reach your character, even from a distance previously safe, and kill you.

Steps to Reproduce: Put your ship in front of an enemy base with enemies inside.(you need to kill 1 or 2 before it works). The spacecraft has to be 4 blocks apart or less, has already occurred at greater distances (with Zirax). Second problem, any alien base, (ex. abandoned mine), stays one or two blocks above an enemy, they can hit you, even they can't see you, or get closer.

Archimedez and stanley bourdon like this.
  11. Watcher330

Watcher330 Commander

HI ! I can confirm that the last patch did not solve anything..

This problem literally prevents players from raiding the ground base ...
    2019-01-25 (15).jpg
    2019-01-25 (16).jpg

Attached Files:

Archimedez likes this.
  12. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

see this video by Inverted Cow

InvertedCow likes this.
  13. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Castiel likes this.
  14. Numonar

Numonar Commander

Mech's still trying to shoot through outposts, other zirax did stop doing it. But their bullets (laser) do not pass through blocks as they did before.

15. Pantera

• Developer
  16. Numonar

Numonar Commander

No Video sry, neither screenshots but a save infront of 2 possible targets, powerplant and dronebase, and wile there, also notice the DMG the SV takes from foot soldiers.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jm-psBeND8hvaTWnwwJc90a1oZjPhHMm

found a better location, this Mech started shooting at his own base.
    savefile

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  17. Pantera

• Developer
    When loading into either save games the issue that was being reported does not reproduce in B2203 for me.

@Anyone else previously reporting this: are you seeing NPC's fire through blocks like in the current public build B2173 in exp B2203 ?

18. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

I can't play a lot these days (for better testing) but I did tested a bit - it looked like they stopped shooting trough walls like it was before (played same seed 1108 first in public 9.2, then did absolutely the same in experimental 9.3) - BUT unfortunately few POIs where I did tested with HV and on foot was 'old type' with 50HP blocks, so I dont know is 'strange shooting bug' connected with old POI or with current exp. game build. Now all those massive ground troops around in 'Zirax POI lands' are shooting at you also so you need a lot of time to test everything properly :)

"New Strange Shooting Bug" was connected with Mechs inside - I parked my HV next to POI, didn't get out at all I was just sitting there for a while, and then started shooting from inside by red lasers through walls but they didn't shoot at me - they are shooting next to me, like I dont know, 20 to 50 meters away... (so technically, maybe they are shooting at me but in wrong parallel 'empty' terrain/game chunk/block). Mechs destroyed blocks & things inside, made couple of holes in walls and then my turrets killed them. Don't have save or video ATM, sorry :(

19. Pantera

• Developer