Fixed Bugs spawning inside of bases

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Dramegno, Jan 18, 2019.

1. imlarry425

imlarry425 Captain

Those sorts of glitches sound more like changing texture complexity as objects get closer- like huge rocks that fade out and fade back in as you approach them. I assume there are pseudo random numbers used to trigger spawns and potentially x/y/z offsets (x/z/y? Unity...Rick Sanchez...is there a connection?) from the spawn point so that critter behavior isn't totally deterministic.

Here's Lucy (eggs..."Lucy, I'm home!") appearing in the solar panel array about 4 blocks from the inside my base location she normally shows up a day or two ago.

CPBDAY_2019-01-29_08-03-08.png
    She also gets really friendly ("I'm so into you!") with my constructor but if I don't harass her she lets me make stuff from the elevator.

CPBDAY_2019-01-29_13-22-16.png
    Edge case repo with random numbers is difficult without logging that captures data during the call and not sure if the app is instrumented for that but if so and it would be helpful let us know and maybe one of us can catch something with verbose logging.

2. Dramegno

Dramegno Commander

My had is so slow that if I going at a decent clip in an hv the first clue I would have that there is a tree/rock/plant/deco/and sometimes structures in front of my vessel is when they first pop in, in as little as 10 m of warning. I do have settings as low as I can when on hdd though.

3. imlarry425

imlarry425 Captain

I was talking with a friend last night about a similar issue in an unrelated non-unity game env he supports called Kodu that ended up being tied to frame rate and anticipating what to bring in when- if you're at 10 frames/sec vs 180 f/s then you need different updatesBeforeNextFrame delta values otherwise objects oscillate. Tweaking your frame rate down might help (or exaggerate) the problem.

4. Dramegno

Dramegno Commander

I play at ~ 12-25 avg fps. so that might be what is happening in my case, I have higher fps when playing with ssd. so that might be it, especially now that I think about it my base that kept on getting critters in the floors was often at the edge of my loading area.

5. Gary Parkin

Gary Parkin Captain

Hi Pantera. Here is the link to the save file.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AJ7wEU4qAbzC7fxZoGf6wP7zdAtvVhqq

6. Nalle_Bear

Nalle_Bear Ensign

Spiders spawns inside the base spiders.jpg Seed nr. 536891798

7. Naerri

Naerri Ensign

Same here, got and alien critter spawned into the floor voxel, I had to remove it, shoot it and wait for the body to despawn. Happened only few our into the game, so this should be possible to reproduce.

8. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer