Experimental v1.4

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Pantera, Jan 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

I would guess KeyNotFoundException during the load, and a corrupt world (structures with half missing etc).

Kassonnade likes this.
  2. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

That's the answer. Tx.

Given the amount of new "objects" this still allows us to make, I'll accept the "risky" trade-off. Just forces me to stay organized...

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  3. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Just noticed an oddity regarding the Deconstructor. Normally I just dump a load of stuff in there and forget it. However, just now I placed FOUR BA-Class Rocket Turrets into it and turned it on. Immediately it started work on the first Rocket Turret as you'd expect but it consumed TWO Turrets right away, not one. Basically I lost one entire turrets.

I think I've had this before in 1.4 when I've recycled stuff to build other stuff and have then bee short of materials, yet I should have gotten enough from the recycling.

Might just be a random gremlin, but if anyone can confirm that'd be cool - I didn't snag a save prior to turning on the Deconstructor, so can't demonstrate the exact issue...but will try with other items...once I get some.

Scoob.

4. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Hotfix: 2021-01-21 EXP v1.4 (Build 3243)

Fixes:
    - Fixed: Weapon targeting ranges for space using planet ranges
    - Fixed: Shields not taking damage when turrets are being fired on
    - Fixed: CoQ when attempting to use the BP factory

5. OlliWeb

OlliWeb Ensign

hello everyone, i see a lot of people selling stak from x999 to trading station, but i can never get them in the player's inventory. How can I sell x999?
    Today i tried to use a console for sale but it made me take the items only from my body. I tried using the connection to a closet of my spaceship docked at the trading center, but it didn't work.
    He takes the items I sell only from my personal inventory.
    Do you know why?

6. Addy

Addy Lieutenant

At last I will be able to see where to shoot.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you, :) did I say thank you :D

byo13 and Kassonnade like this.
  7. OlliWeb

OlliWeb Ensign

hi, but am I wrong or did I notice that the advanced builder no longer works if I go offline? Only after the new patch was first okay. Let me know if I'm the only one I have is a problem.

8. BDAKiwi

BDAKiwi Lieutenant

Great progress, nice to see the attention to detail.
    How's the SP storyline coming along?

9. Addy

Addy Lieutenant

:eek: OMG! I was so happy until I just read this, look stop it. For the love of Llamas just stop it, o_O no folder thingy's, or copy stuff over etc, all it needs is start game, chose cross hair type, and color, and go play. Simples. :cool: :D

10. Pantera

• Developer
    Hotfix: 2021-01-28 EXP v1.4 (Build 3254)

Changes:
    - Updated ItemsConfig.ecf: added info about new 'LifetimeOnDrop' parameter
    - Changed: Nerfed the laser turret T2 in the Ilmarinen (Derelict Mining Ship / Ancient Revelation mission) loot room (3-4 Rockets should now destroy it). Plz retest.
    - Changed: Swapped standard soldiers for Abandoned Assembly Yard to infected variant. Plz retest.
    - ItemConfig.ecf: added property "LifetimeOnDrop" that specifies in seconds how long an item will live after dropping it. Default is 200 seconds. Please only increase this time if ABSOLUTELY needed as lots of items can bring down the performance of a server, but als in SP.
    - EscpodePodLandAt: now per default in "Alt Look Mode" to make it easier for the player to look around
    - When looking at an NPC of a faction this faction now gets also discovered
    - Corrected output of console command "faction discover <faction>"
    - Explosion: better calculation now when a turret is hit.
    - BlocksConfig.ecf: replaced "Voxelize: false" with new property "OccupySizeInBlocks: true" to indicate that a block shall occupy its full block space
    - Reduced Drone count in Starter Orbits
    - Updated +ExampleSpace config
    - Added: Syreem Destroyer (Warlord faction; thx to Escarli)
    - EscapePod: supporting "Spawn: EscapePodLandAtPos" now to allow forcing the escape pod at the specified x,z coordinate. The escape pod cannot be controlled in that mode.
    - Updated: space playfields are set to new drone/freighter/opv syntax. Plz check for anormalities/feedback on layout.
    - Changed: Reduced Colonists percentage in TESCH territory.
    - Changed: reduced appearance of habitable planets around Black Holes and Neutron Stars.
    - Updated Localization.csv
    - Added OPVs to Warlord sub-faction: Skaar (Cerberus, Nemesis, Raider), ARC (Esco, Leviathan),
    - Added BA to Warlord sub-faction: Skaar (Citadel)
    - thx to jrandall & HeckenDiver (adjustments made by Escarli)

Fixes:
    - Potential fix for structures moving that should not move (because of problems with network package caching
    - Fixed: Container volumes. (values are back to v1.3 values / removed temporary fix workaround in config) Plz retest!
    - VolumeCapacity: fixed regression that nearly all VolumeCapacity was wrong in the game. This problem was introduced with B3237
    - Fixed: Exploit: Craft ANY item for a few materials
    - Scenario "Invader vs Defender - Conflict of Cygnus": fixed/updated NPC Trader buy/sell items
    - Fixed: AI space vessel stops after you discover it
    - Fixed: CoQ when using modded block values on blocks that are using a dynamic id (blocks that did not get an explicit id in BlocksConfig.ecf)
    - Small fix to galaxy map to allow two suns at the same LY coord now (2nd sun is only decoration).
    - Fixed: HV harvest device not collecting wood in MP most of the time
    - Fixed: Blocks survive explosions at negative HP
    - Fixed: Possible to enable shield just before warp starts
    - Fixed: [MP] Solar panel LED's will not light up until the panels get touched
    - Fixed: place objectives without range limit
    - Fixed: [1.4.3246] Extra sunflare at night on atmo-less playfields close to star
    - Fixed: Faction discovery: player gets RP / can interact with factions he did not discover yet
    - Fixed: Introduction text of 'Meet the GlaD' not visible in mission description
    - Faction discovery: fixed regression from B3251 that also player factions and "none" faction could be discovered
    - Fixed: Vessels can be seen to rise & float in the air after spawning on BA

EAH:
    - Updated EAH
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/tool-eah-empyrion-admin-helper-v1-52-x.5771/page-71#post-427918

Known:
    - TextMeshPro CoQ triggering when trying to undock a vessel <- Please see this post for further information https://empyriononline.com/threads/textmeshpro-exception-when-undocking-7692.96470/#post-428292

ravien_ff, Robot Shark, byo13 and 3 others like this.
  11. Steve K.

Steve K. Lieutenant

I have an issue with this latest patch. I have a game I started with 1.4 exp, have progressed to end game level, running the Kydex-GT CV which is as mod of an Xcal CV done by Jrandall. Played for a bit, left the game to do a few chores, reloaded and found my CV is no longer air tight. Patch fell while I was offline. I have started a creative game and the same BP is no longer air tight there also. I cannot find an air leak. Part of the ship does hold air (top bridge area) main areas of ship show ambient conditions. Only change I see is the patch.

Thanks

PS: Got back into the creative game and spawned several other CV BP's. Several of them also had issues with air tightness. Some were okay. Seems to be perhaps a block issue. Am putting game on hold for a bit.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  12. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Noticed this all throughout the localization update: Someone changed "Occurred" out for "Occured", which appears frequently throughout the game.
    "Occurred" is correct. "Occured" is not.
    There are other similar english failings all over this update that are quite visible. Particularly the changes to some medications that indicate bad knowledge of the english language.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
  13. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Thanks for the note. Feel free to send corrections to [email protected] whenever you find some. Thx!

Germanicus likes this.
  14. GoldDragon

GoldDragon Captain

2 suns @ same LY cords? Does this mean Tatooine-like systems (binary)?

15. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Yes, but currently the second sun can only be a G class star.

16. Pantera

• Developer
    Hotfix: 2021-01-30 EXP v1.4 (Build 3255)

Fixes:
    - 07780: Ramps are no longer airtight
    - 07781: Vessels without shields cannot warp
    - 07716: Discovered NPC faction is not shared within player faction (FOR SAVEGAMES BEFORE 1.4 ALL DISCOVERED FACTIONS NEED TO GET REDISCOVERED)
    - 07770: [1.4.3246] Playfields too dark. 'DayLightIntensity' parameter brightness increase is now about a fifth of old increase.
    - Reverted LightsUseLinearIntensity as this causes the light to be darker in some situations.
    - Fixed regression that firing rockets at terrain deco caused CoQ
    - Fix for sporadic problem that structures got lost in space with a log message of "-WRN- Entity 'name' with id=X on pos=(x, y, z) is out of the playfield (5), removing it"
    - Fixed CoQ when opening Player or Logistics window with active item sorting

17. Pantera

• Developer
    Hotfix: 2021-02-02 EXP v1.4 (Build 3256)

Changes:
    - Changed: deactivated shields for dronebase on starter planets
    - Updated: Xenu Dronebase (thx to vermillion)
    - Added ARC Bronco & Explorer OPVs for Warlord faction (thx to HeckenDiver, modified by Escarli)
    - LOCA update on Dialogues, PDA and Tutorial. Thx to all contributors!

18. basingleton

basingleton Commander

Something about this last update.. the SV speed drops instantly to zero, usually right when detector button is pressed.

Edit: nope, it just happens by itself. Am flying in atmosphere in SV, cruise control at 1oo% I'm just steering with the mouse my other hand not even on the keyboard.. BAM, instant zero speed but because of cruise control, back to full speed in a few seconds.

19. TheSpeedbird

TheSpeedbird Ensign

Right...it seems like it always "stopps", when a new object comes in visible range (POI, Base, etc) - graphically loaded

basingleton likes this.
  20. Pantera

• Developer
    This will be looked at thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.