Fixed Missing Textures/Invisible Sentry Guns (Occlusion Culling issue?)

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by The Android, Apr 18, 2023.

1. The Android

The Android Lieutenant

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build: v1.9.11 4131
    Mode: Creative and Survival
    Mode: Singleplayer

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID:N/A

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: None.

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major

Type: POI/Global

Summary:
    Sentry guns in POIs are invisible. They are there and will fire at the player, can be destroyed and salvaged, but are invisible.

Description:
    I have a documented example of this in the "Abandoned Reactor" POI, just above the reactor control room(just "south" of the core location). I have attached a screenshot showing the Sentry Gun marked on HUD, but no sentry gun being shown (in Creative mode).

I have had this before in other POI, but this is one I have a screenshot of. There might be two issues here, one with the new "Occlusion Culling" or just a missing texture. I usually scout POIs with my drone. Quite often Sentry Guns are not being rendered in the drone view, but when I arrive in person they are there where they should be. Maybe the new culling algorithm is not working correctly when in drone view?

But there are times when the Snetry Guns are just invisible, doesn't matter if in drone view or not.

It sucks that something that can shoot the player can not be seen.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Start creative session
    2) Load in the Abandoned Reactor POI
    3) Mark the core and all sentry guns on the hud.
    4) Go to the core and then move towards the front of the base ("South") and find the sentry gun shown in the screenshot.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

[​IMG]

2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer

In creative or survival mode these steps don't trigger anything for me after multiple tries it's always there.
    I also added time away from the structure in the same or another playfield in to the mix but the same results each time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tomorrow we have a fix going out for a repro I found for NPC's going invisible when they shouldn't in POI's maybe it will effect this also

https://empyriononline.com/threads/...settlement-story-poi-on-omicron-00861.101434/

Germanicus likes this.
  3. The Android

The Android Lieutenant

Ok, so is there a cache directory or something I need to clear? I haven't checked the newest release yet, but I was able to duplicate this multiple times on my install. I found this while playing RE 1.9, but I did my tests in Vanilla Creative before I posted the bug report.

Update: Just tested the newest release and I can no longer replicate the issue. I'm willing to say whatever was going on was addressed in the NPC/POI fix in the latest patch...

Good job! :D

Last edited: Apr 19, 2023
    Pantera likes this.