CURRENTLY not reproducible Planetary Patrol Vessels De-Sync and become phantom tormentors.

Discussion in 'Currently not reproducible' started by -AKEVA-BANSHEE-, Jan 4, 2023.

1. -AKEVA-BANSHEE-

-AKEVA-BANSHEE- Commander

Build: 4013
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Multi-player

SERVER NAME: Any
    SEED-ID: Any

Reproducibility: Sometimes
    Severity: Moderate

Type: AI, PPVs

Summary: Planetary Patrol Vessels De-Sync and become phantom tormentors.

Description: Planetary Patrol Vessels can become de-synced and show on the map as far away when in fact they are firing on your ship. They can get stuck underground and shoot at players or simply chase players to their bases and fire on their bases and ships.

Steps to Reproduce: Unknown, all I can ask is that official server admins and helpers are asked to look out for this bug.

If anyone in the comments has more info or steps to reliably reproduce this issue please add more info in the comments. Even simply more info would be helpful. When this happens, how long after restart, how many people are on the planet, how old is the save etc.

2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Also happens with orbital patrol vessels (desync).

3. Fenra369

Fenra369 Commander

Just some observations on this.. Haven't seen this particular scenario myself, but I noticed the OPVs tend to rubberband a *lot* even in a very simple context (OPV attacks player in a CV, one OPV attacks the OPV attacking player). The issue with this and other OPV problems likely stems from performance issues with OPV operation and spawning in general for MP. In one rare case, a larger OPV (mission to attack player) clipped into my POI in MP (I was not visible inside, no windows) and essentially crashed my pf instance due to performance problems. This issue gets more noticable when you have 3-4 OPVs spawned via PDA playfield op

4. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    We have found 1 reproducible use case for OPV's in orbit in MP showing such "desync" & will be looking in to it as soon as we can. [00907]

For the OP in this thread however without a known repro for it it's not 100% possible to say if it's exactly the same issue with the same root cause.
    When reporting a bug, it is essential to have a reproducible use case to investigate and resolve the issue. This means that we need to be able to recreate the problem consistently to identify and fix the underlying cause. Without a reproducible use case, it becomes challenging to pinpoint the root cause of the problem and apply a fix.

ravien_ff and Germanicus like this.
  5. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

It's a fairly common experience when I played last in orbits with a lot of patrol vessels (and freighters).
    If you were able to reproduce it so quick that's hopefully the problem that was described here.

6. dichebach

dichebach Captain

Is this a totally separate issue to the "Zirax Stealth Ship" issue I recently brought up?

https://empyriononline.com/threads/zirax-stealth-technology.101694/

I would like to pin down if the issue brought up in that thread has ever been reported as a vanilla game bug before. As I explain in that thread, I have only played about 20 hours of vanilla in probably the last 4 years +. But now that Ravien has explained that it does seem to be a vanilla game bug, I am willing to try to replicate it in vanilla if possible.