Fixed Some containers can not be accessed any more [00339]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Vollinger, Aug 1, 2022.

1. Vollinger

Vollinger Lieutenant

Build: 1.8.5 3859
    Mode: SP (& MP)
    Mode: vanilla (RE)

SERVER NAME: SP (MP Anvil)
    SEED-ID: irrelevant

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major

Type: Some containers can not be accessed any more, some fallback container is opened instead.

Summary: Some containers can not be accessed any more (even in godmode iv), showing the contents of fallback containers instead, especially alien loot crates and power storages on foreign structures.

Description: as above. This seemingly affects most (if not all) Alien Loot Crates, the SciFiContainerEnergy (aka "Power Storage") and probably more.
    Instead of seeing the content in the logistics menu that opens, you get to see the contents of some fallback container, where the selected structure in the dropdownbox is the structure you are in, while the container dropdownbox shows the name of the fallback container that must not even be in the selected structure.
    If you open the console, you get a warning message saying: "Logistics: preselected container not found".

Workaround: Salvage/Retrieve/Destroy the container, then you can loot the dropped box with the expected content as usual. This, o.c. will not work if the structure has an admin core. Then you're out of luck.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Start a new vanilla SP survival game
    2) godmode into orbit to the destroyed station
    3) access the power storage
    4) wonder

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    On the last screenshot, you see the content of some "Harvest Controller" on the right, but the selected structure "Assembler" does not have such a container.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
  2. DocEnglish

DocEnglish Ensign

I'm experiencing this too.

I started a new install and game a couple of days ago and get this with Alien containers.

How can I help?

3. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    A fix for this will be available asap.

4. PacoOtaktay

PacoOtaktay Ensign

I am having this same issue as well trying to loot any of the loot containers at POI's.
    When I open a loot container I get my ships inventory that I had last accessed.

So can't wait till this gets fixed :)

Thank you devs for working on trying to get this fixed.

5. Phakt

Phakt Ensign

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build: 1.85.3859 (newest)
    Mode: Reforged Eden Server
    Mode:

SERVER NAME: Dysfunctional Family - No CPU
    SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:

Reproducibility: Every time
    Severity: HIGH

Type:

Summary: When opening barrel style loot crates, it opens the last non barrel container you opened. You have to break the barrel and loot the drop. Started happening today.

Description:

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Find loot barrel
    2) press F to open
    3) See last opened container instead.

6. Scimarad

Scimarad Ensign

I had this with a submerged tank. I was showing only my attached SV container controller, though I did manage a work around by backing my SV out of wifi range, quitting and restarting.

Just tried this again with Vehicle Yard and that didn't work in this case.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
  7. J-M v2.5.5

J-M v2.5.5 Ensign

Build: v1.8.5 3859
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Dedicated Server

SERVER NAME: Eleon Game Studios - Official Vanilla Server
    SEED-ID: 358490

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: DontKnow

Reproducibility: Practically always

Type: Loot system bug

Summary: Can't loot alien loot containers

Description: Accessing an Alien Loot Container with a vessel nearby that has Wireless Connection will show the inventory of one of the vessel's containers instead of the loot container itself

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Go to a POI with a vessel that has Wireless Connection
    2) Access any Alien Loot Container
    3) Observe how you are shown the inventory of one of your vessel's containers

8. dli

dli Ensign

Build: v1.8.5 3859
    Mode: Singleplayer

SERVER NAME: NA
    SEED-ID: 1

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always for POIs that have exhibited this issue. Seed-id doesn't seem to matter.
    Severity: Major (can't access desired container contents)

Type: Containers

Summary: Accessing a POI container displays the contents of a different container.

Description: Containers in a POI can become inaccessible because the contents of a different container are displayed instead.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Start a singleplayer survival game on Akua.
    2) Collect enough resources to reach level 3, crafting a Portable Constructor, motorbike, shotgun and ammo.
    3) Travel to the Scientist Camp and use the Network Console to mark the location of the Supply Bunker.
    4) Travel to the Supply Bunker.
    5) Enter the Supply Bunker going down the ladder to the first level.
    6) Access the Wardrobe container. Note that it displays the Constructor container of the Supply Bunker.
    7) Place the motorbike in the container and continue to the bottom floor.
    8) Flip the switch to open the hanger door and use the shotgun to deal with the Sentry Robot.
    9) Access the Large Constructor and open its Constructor container.
    10) Note that the motorbike appears in its contents.

The Repository 3 container to the left of the Large Constructor also displays the Constructor container. However, the other containers in the Supply Bunker appear to display their contents as expected.

This issue can manifest in other scenarios. I encountered this in a singleplayer survival game that started on Masperon with version 1.8.5. After having built an SV containing a Wireless Connection (no constructor yet in case that matters), I eventually traveled to the Crashed Capital Vessel. On the ground level, there is a Power Storage container and an Alien Container behind a trap door. I saw this issue with both of these containers where the last container in my SV that I accessed is displayed instead of the Crashed Capital Vessel container I attempted to access.

Like with the Supply Bunker, at least one other container in the Crashed Capital Vessel has this issue (the Repository 1 container encountered when entering the upper part of the Crashed Capital Vessel) but other containers do not. However, if I access one of the other that does not show this issue, then accessing the Power Storage, Alien Container, and Repository 1 stop showing the container in my SV. However, the first problem container I access at this point now displays for the other two, which duplicates the situation in the Supply Bunker.

I can also duplicate this situation with the Crashed Capital Vessel by moving SV away from the Crashed Capital Vessel out of range of the Wireless Connection, or salvage the Wireless connection so the SV doesn't have one. The first problem container accessed becomes the contents of the other two.

It can be easy to miss this behavior when quickly looting containers since the second problem container simply appears empty.

Unfortunately, I have not stumbled across any clues with regard to the relationship between these "problem" containers.

9. Faythe

Faythe Ensign

Build: 1.8.5 3859

Mode: Singleplayer

Server Name: N/A

Seed-ID: Multiple ( has happened in 3 different games for me, and 2 games for my sister)

Reproducibility: Constant

Type: Hostile POI Containers

Summery: Hostile POI Containers appear to be empty.

Description: The Alien Containers in most hostile POIs show as having nothing inside. When broken, they drop the contents. I have seen some of the containers in Tech Ruins as an example do the same thing as well.

Steps to reproduce:

1: Start a new game.

2: Go to a hostile POI.

3: Loot a container (Mostly happening with alien containers, but have seen some normal containers in Tech Ruins doing the same.)

4: If nothing is inside, salvage container if possible to get the loot. (Supply Bunker is a good POI to try as you can claim it as your own to salvage the Alien container.)

10. DocEnglish

DocEnglish Ensign

Please push this update soon, it's making the game less fun if you miss out on loot.

11. ZipSnipe

ZipSnipe Commander

Build:1.85 3859
    Mode:single player
    Mode:survival

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:Reforged Eden 1.8

Reproducibility:yes
    Severity: severe

Type:

Summary:cargo box inventory

Description:
    If I open my ship's cargo box and then go into a raided poi, or ship wreck container it shows my ships cargo inventory and I am unable to see what is in outside containers
    Steps to Reproduce:
    1)start game and play
    2)does it about 85% each time I open a container
    3)I have logged out, restarted my pc and it will still be the same problem

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
  12. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    A fix for this will be available today in a few hours from now.

Faythe and Germanicus like this.
  13. Grimolfr

Grimolfr Ensign

It seems to be any container that isn't connected to a logistics network. (Either the container doesn't support it, like an alien container or barrels, or the POI doesn't have wireless, like a smugglers' stash.)