v1.4.X Patches

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Pantera, Feb 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

My reading and specially my comprehension skills are fine thank you very much. Every player should consider changes like those in question by @Spoon as intentional. Also player should have been informed of past Q&A that took place, where such question was addressed, before one makes it again in the forums. Finally, the developers have the right to do any change they consider they should do in the game they develop, in any game. After all nothing is set to stone. Do you disagree?

My reply was pointing out the change of the meta game regarding shields. This clarification is for those , like you , failing to comprehend this.

2. Obcy

Obcy Commander

What about shields? Previously I was able to cut down drone base like a tree with my SV armed with 24 rocket launchers (V/M and CPU enabled of course). It was a perfect T3 POI destroyer. Now it seems useless. Am I wrong?

3. Alhira_K

Alhira_K Captain

No they're clearly 6/10. And no changes like these should not automatically be taken intentional, especially if they're not mentioned anywhere. Humans make mistakes and the devs are humans too, you know.

And whats the q&a you're talking about? What twitter-, instagramm-, youtube-, discord-, reddit-, facebook-, sexshop-around-the-corner/channel/account do i have to search for two hours now to get relevant infos about the game i'm playing?

The devs are free to make any change they like. Telling us about it would be nice though.

Spoon and stanley bourdon like this.
  4. Alhira_K

Alhira_K Captain

The explosion itself doesn't affect shields anymore, see patch notes.

5. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

I think the patch finalized a concept the developers have introduced a while ago, that only energy weapons can take them off. It is something logical and the implementation adds to immersion.

Finally the nerf of explosions improve performance I think.

6. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

You cannot fire more than 21 fixed weapons at a time.
    Nothing changed with explosion damage to shields from weapons. They should do the same damage before update as they do after update. Blast damage was already set to 0 before this update.
    If you're using a custom config (24 rocket launchers on a T3 sv sounds like you are) then that doesn't relate to the default game.

7. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Weapon damage to shields wasn't changed. This only removed the explosion from occurring it it hits a shield but explosions were already set to deal 0 damage to shields.

Kassonnade likes this.
  8. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I think that having 1 weapon to be able to solve all problems (omnipotent explosive charge) is exactly that : restrict "logical" choices, just like having rockets being the only viable solution against POIs or in dogfights.

Players can still use the "tunneling" method, they just have to use a different weapon to chip away at the shields (laser rifle, minigun) safely from any attacks in their hole. As for the frontal attacks, lasers were pretty much useless if players could simply use rockets against everything.

This also allows for better tech progression (not saying it's all perfect now). End Dragon requires Diamond Sword, Starter Wolf requires Iron Sword (and diamond sword kills it too). Players want to be able to defeat everything from the start, and put all blocks in their inventory. This in turn forces scenario makers into using "undestructible" cores if they want to make sure the player does not completely ruin quest lines by destroying all structures on a playfield without knowing if they are part of missions. Players still want their "end game CV" from the starter planet and when they have it they complain they have nothing left to do.

Having players following development closely like this, with memories of what they could do in X version, is a hindrance more than a help if they can't see any kind of benefit from changes, even ones they (and I ) disagree with. I did not see a situation yet where players were absolutely unable to succeed in a mission or task if they did not follow the "one path imposed by X change".

Just like with "CPU imposes choices" is not quite true because we can multitool our ship anytime to switch devices. It only removes the "100 turrets" choice that everyone tends to make in some circumstances, which is the nature of a one-size-fit-all solution.

And on this : players can still do whatever they want in singleplayer or on their private servers. The only places where they can't is on official servers or servers where some specific rules are enforced. I can say "CPU was a bad idea" like some say "change to explosive device is bad idea" but honestly all this can be reverted and tweaked by players. I think this is the fact that should be written in big red letters at the top of the forum : "Empyrion the Game where we can Tweak a whole Galaxy".

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  9. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Wrong. Let me elaborate. Before the patch the player could use explosive charges to disable a shield. Now it is virtually impossible. Unless this is a bug.

10. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Yes I'm talking about rocket launchers and other weapons.

Explosive devices did shield damage and now they don't but that doesn't affect any other weapon type.

11. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

I was just thinking, for Reforged Eden, or any other scenario, can the "Explosive charges" be modified to do energy damage? Either the mod be applied on them or a new charge be introduced with similar behavior to ECs but with energy damage.

12. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Sadly no, that's something the devs would change.

13. Spoon

Spoon Captain

Why should I consider all changes as intentional? As mentioned my @Alhira_K, people make mistakes. Look at all the mistakes that came out for the xmas patch. Where they all intentional?
    Even @ravien_ff thinks the change to the Explosive Device is not intentional. (See post #31)

I agree with you on this. They can make whatever changes they want. It's just good to have clarification on some of the changes, if people are not clear on them. As of yet, there isn't anything from them.

Not true. You can defeat the dragon with a wooden sword. You can even defeat it with beds. You can make contraptions to defeat it.... I won't mention any more ways, you get the idea.
    What I'm getting at here is, Minecraft have not removed an option on how to defeat the dragon. They give people more options.

14. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Then again Empyrion is not Minecraft. It is...well...Empyrion. Plus I will repeat myself : Nothing is set to stone.

Germanicus likes this.
  15. xerxes86

xerxes86 Commander

Good luck taking out the vast majority of cores, looks like game over at this point.

16. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Regarding "Explosive devices" & the "Explosive blocks" not dealing any damage to shields this will be addressed in a patch very soon.

17. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

That's great news. Thank you!

Spoon likes this.
  18. Spoon

Spoon Captain

Thank you for sorting out the confusion.

Myrmidon likes this.
  19. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Thank you. We did not understand it was a bug. Also @Spoon thumbs up for mentioning with #38.

20. Khaleg

Khaleg Commander

Thanks a lot, I suspected it was, not a bug strictly speaking, if not something overlooked and inadvertently influenced by the change in the patch. This is why I asked if it was intentional or not in my post (post #19).

xerxes86, stanley bourdon and Spoon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.