PLZ Retest and Re-Report Vuplex crashing

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by luke00, Aug 12, 2022.

1. luke00

luke00 Ensign

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build: 1.8.8 3864
    Mode: any
    Mode: any

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:

Reproducibility: always
    Severity: breaks feature

Type: module crash

Summary:
    vuplex webview crashing

Description:
    first time PDA UI opens after launching the game, vuplex crashes and rich content in PDA does not display. repeatable each time game is restarted. Steam files integrity check passes.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) open PDA or receive tutorial popup
    2) must be menu item with image or video content, such as initial tutorial content or scientist camp computer

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Vuplex WebView.vuplex
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 627c6c96
    Fault Module Name: libcef.dll
    Fault Module Version: 100.0.24.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 62571e07
    Exception Code: 80000003
    Exception Offset: 0000000002f50f00
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 2057
    Additional Information 1: d553
    Additional Information 2: d55302a755c7f9554b830db0a71636c6
    Additional Information 3: 50a4
    Additional Information 4: 50a4d6b153ba53156f7d26854789e57c

Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Anytime I start the tutorial either in a current game or new games (also with client restarts) the video or image (or web page) open fine & don't trigger any error.
    Are you pressing any other keys during the time when a video/image is triggered to start ?

Can you record a short video showing this being triggered ?

How to supply logs to a report:
    The client log, dedicated server logs & crashes folder locations:
    1. Client log location:
      Right click on Empyrion in your steam library > Properties > Local files > Browse local files > Logs

2. Dedicated server logs ("Dedicated" & "Playfield" logs):
      Empyrion - Dedicated Server\Logs\<build number>

3. If a crash occurred please also look for & attach a copy of the crash folder. Crashes folder locations:
      C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\LocalLow\Eleon Game Studios\Empyrion - Galactic Survival
      C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Local\Temp\Eleon Game Studios\Empyrion - Galactic Survival
    Create a dxdiag file & attach it with the previous files
    In Windows 7:
    • Click on the "Start" Button.
    • In the Search Box type dxdiag and press <Enter>. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool pop-up window should appear.
    • Click on “Save all Information.”
    • Save the information to your Desktop, keep the file name as is.
    In Windows 8, Windows 10:
    • Press the [Windows]+[R] keys on your keyboard to bring up the Run command.
    • In the "Run" command box, type in dxdiag and press <Enter>. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool pop-up window should appear.
    • Click on "Save all Information." Save the information to your Desktop, keep the file name as is.
    Now create copies of all of the relevant files or folders from the above instructions, compress them with windows built in compression option:
    Right click on the file or folder > Send to > "Compressed (Zipped) folder"
    Then to add them to your forum report use the "Upload a File" option in the post editor or upload the file to a file hosting site such as mediafire, dropbox or google drive & add a share link to it.

3. luke00

luke00 Ensign

Thanks for looking into it. I'm not doing anything special, but I suspect it is probably related to my OS version, available multimedia codecs, or some missing or out of date dependency.

I'm not totally sure how people make screen recordings, I don't have any streaming software suites and the screen-to-gif software I'm trying here is taking forever to encode 470 frames so this probably isnt the right way.

I'm attaching relevent event log details and the related app crash file from C:\Users\initial\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Vuplex WebView.v_38fc875a199f124031c9ab066e5a972d3994d7d_169bedf6

if I manage to finish encoding a video I'll upload that also.

Attached Files:

4. luke00

luke00 Ensign

the screen recording is a 102mb animated gif.. the forum produced a "security error" when I tried to upload it, but I suspect it is file size related.. possibly too large to scan.

I kept it short and low res and only a narrow slice of screen, if there are better recording options let me know and I'll see what I can do.

5. luke00

luke00 Ensign

Just saw the instructions about where to find logs, and indeed there is some relevant crash data there. please find attached.

Attached Files: