Feedback Required Wishlist: BUILDING blocks and structural devices

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Hummel-o-War, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Máethorel

Máethorel Lieutenant

Here's another thought - as far as deco blocks go, of course more designs are always welcome. Specifically though, we really need 1x1 versions of the bathroom and kitchen sinks, and I'd love to see a computer desk variant that's against a wall instead of in the middle of a block.

2. Curben Justic

Curben Justic Ensign

The attached picture shows the only gap in making a "fishbowl" with the heavy windows. A full corner. Square and rounded full corner

Attached Files:

3. jesterjunk

jesterjunk Captain

Are the Heavy Window shapes that you are talking about illustrated in the post below?

4. zertali

zertali Captain

Thought I would add one of my wish list items to this list.

Forcefield blocks based on the Heavy Window blocks / shapes. Essentially, replace the window glass in each of the blocks with forcefields. The shapes / blocks already exist, it should just be a matter of duplicating them and then changing the material and collider on the glass components.

Imagine the doors / passageways you could create with the Heavy Window shapes if they were like the force field blocks.

They could also be 'enhanced' with an option to switch between the forcefield effect (passthrough) and a solid material (barrier) effect with a nice transition between the two states. Maybe remove power consumption when in the solid state, but have constant power draw for the forcefield states and a single power cost for each state transition. Bonus points for allowing the coloring / texturing / marking of the individual solid panes that would be visible when in the solid state. Of course, I would be happy with them just being available as modular forcefield blocks. I find the current forcefield blocks quite limiting in their usefulness.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    jesterjunk likes this.
  5. Curben Justic

Curben Justic Ensign

That looks exactly like what we are missing right now

OddTheViking and jesterjunk like this.
  6. Pear78

Pear78 Captain

a thin wall addition

Attached Files:

7. foxi5

foxi5 Lieutenant

[​IMG]
    These, for nifty reasons. They make great vents covers, wheels, blast ports, ICBM missile caps, jet's fuel containers and engines,- bombs, industrial piping,- containers and their connector points, hatches and smoke stacks to name a little.
    For the Devs, I've created them all in 3ds, VRML & SLDPRT, so take your pick. You can grab them here: http://www.gunslave.com/Blocks/
    And you have my unlimited permission to use as you wish.

8. foxi5

foxi5 Lieutenant

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Large Corner Pipe is missing from the list. Bottom picture is what you have to use in their place. It's super fugly.
    I have uploaded models for the devs to use, SLDPRT, 3Ds and VRML. http://www.gunslave.com/Blocks/

9. foxi5

foxi5 Lieutenant

[​IMG]
    Could we get some parabolas happening? Good for ship noses, both rocket ends, general armaments, the secret Zirax Nuclear Weapons Program, side boosters and that sharp looking undercarriage bomb and fuel tanks. Also, can the functional square engine/booster block be made into a round cylinder too? That would perfectly fit rockets and jet engine types of models that people make, giving them both retro and futuristic options. I haven't uploaded these models yet, so if the Dev's want them, just say 'hoo'.

10. Pear78

Pear78 Captain

half rounded walls additions would be welcome :)
    excuse my paint skills ;)

Attached Files:

11. Alendi Istari

Alendi Istari Lieutenant

1 - Deco wall hanging items like pictures that do not take up a block
    2 - LCD screens or other editable signs that do not take up a block. (Works like a texture)
    3 - Ceiling light fixtures that do not take up a block.
    4 - Deco items like chairs, benches, potted plants, ect that have an off-center option like lights do.
    5 - A captain's (or managers) desk with chair and only a small monitor. More of a meeting desk.

Last edited: May 9, 2020
    guardian_de_la_via2 likes this.
  12. foxi5

foxi5 Lieutenant

[​IMG]
    These flat sections appear to be missing from the block list.
    To match the 1x4 triangle windows, a complimentary block set would be nice, this allows much smoother gradients for sleeker hulls, sharper front ends and more overall clean surfacing.

Attached Files:

13. foxi5

foxi5 Lieutenant

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Can we get a inverse Docking Pad? Where the mothercraft has the unit instead of the lightweight HV.
    I was trying to build a transport but have to defile the vehicles to make it work. Now the HV's stick to everything, constantly. Even just one docking pad is enough to glue you to everything unless you are 100% throttle. It's painful.
    It'd be a neat option to put the docking receptacle on the mothercraft, so as to attach SV's and HV's when one lands on them. Gives users the choice of two types of docking then.

Attached Files:

14. Alendi Istari

Alendi Istari Lieutenant

We need this block. Maybe there is already one and I'm just not seeing it. 20200513090756_1.jpg

15. jesterjunk

jesterjunk Captain

Last edited: May 13, 2020
  16. Pear78

Pear78 Captain

isnt that block available on the connector blocks page/tab? bottom row

17. nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯

nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯ Captain

18. DerAralAal

DerAralAal Lieutenant

How about a command to set the structures faction to 0 inside the structures own logic system?
    I see a big advantage in such a command, especially for you devs and scenario creators.

There wouldn't even be a need of finding out the structures ID, if it would use this command on itself.

19. J'ee

J'ee Lieutenant

I was thinking the same, today.

I'm also still confused at the Vertical (non-transparent) block which is so prevalent in POIs. It is transparent, but only from one side and the other side doesn't look at all like the first. I'm so confused, and I'm sure the Zirax on the transparent side are all laughing at me.

20. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Ah yes... the shutter window. An abomination of Empyrion. A remnant from pre-tinted windows.
    It needs to be updated with proper glass, or at the very least with the transparent side facing the other direction. The shutters are meant to protect the glass from being broken, but it doesn't do squat if you can't see out of the window from the inside.

Germanicus and ravien_ff like this.