[Tool] ePDA - Empyrion PDA helper v1.291

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by Exacute, Aug 4, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAL

PAL Lieutenant

2. PAL

PAL Lieutenant

Task Startmessage and Action Description seems wrong for me

3. PAL

PAL Lieutenant

Suggestion: For example, if you remove the "" in task description, you could type in the description directly in the ePDA in the following language with "," (like the Default Setup from PDA.csv). same for all other descriptions. This would also help to read all language to ePDA

your Example: RPAkT1A1,"Open EscapePod", -the rest will not modified and do not match to to following languages

my Example: RPAkT1A1,Open EscapePod, - the rest would be modified manualy by your written to match in following languages

4. PAL

PAL Lieutenant

ok, maybe it would not help to read the other languages, because you use the "," to seperate the Input to ePDA. but if you Change only the Export how i sad, then it would be work with following languages ingame

5. PAL

PAL Lieutenant

ehm: in Default PDA.csv is every second language a " after the "," maybe this is also possible to manage in ePDA or there is a info in ePDA to do that manually

example: RPAkT1A1Complete,[ff4444]Move everything to your inventory at once by clicking on the ARROW on the top right![-],"[ff4444]Bewege alles in dein Inventar, indem du auf den Pfeil, oben rechts, klickst![-]",[ff4444]Déplacez tous les éléments de votre inventaire en cliquant sur le bouton «flèche» en haut à droite ![-],,,,,,,,[ff4444]一次移动所有物品进入你的背包是按右上方“箭头”按键![-],,,,"[ff4444]Μετακίνησε τα πάντα από το inventory με τη μία, κάνοντας κλικ στο ΒΕΛΟΣ επάνω δεξιά![-]"

6. PAL

PAL Lieutenant

Problem:

Task Startmessage, TaskCompleteMessage, Action Description and ActionCompleteMessage does not read the standard files correctly (\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Content\Extras\PDA)

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  7. Andrillo2k

Andrillo2k Ensign

Hi Exacute, Sorry to disturb. I keep trying to get it work but it comes back the same no matter what i do. I think its something to do with the below.

Some messages change to "6" which is the time the message is supposed to show for and others are replaced with this norm command that automatically puts placeholder for norm.

On first saving this doesnt happen at all and it works amazingly well, its only when i reload it for some reason starts overwriting.

pda.csv
    Chapter_placeholderChapterTitle_tasktitle_0_StartMessage_text,"6",""
    Chapter_placeholderChapterTitle_tasktitle_0_CompletedMessage_text,"6",""
    Chapter_placeholderChapterTitle_tasktitle_0_actiontitle_0_CompletedMessage_text,"6",""
    norm,"Placeholder for norm",""

in the pda.yaml it looks like this CompletedMessage: "norm;6| at the start.

Ive noticed everything keeps the placeholder title and doesnt change to what i name it as. Is this normal?

Would love to get this working because of how easy it is to use.

Cheers,
    Andy

8. metapo

metapo Lieutenant

I will have the same result.
    The version you are using is emp_tool_v1.24

9. Wren

Wren Ensign

So I will get these random 6's in my descriptions ecet and they can't be seen in the editor. Any way to fix this? Have started with fresh PDA 3 times now and it happens over time.

10. Wren

Wren Ensign

Any update on if there will be an update fixing the random 6's? Love this tool just can't do much now as that bug is breaking all my missions.

11. Andrillo2k

Andrillo2k Ensign

Same question here. The author hasnt been responding to anyone for a while, it could be that they have a lot going on in life or unable to fix the error due to the nature of Alpha 8 working differently.

I wish this tool was an official one from the team as it makes it so easy to work with the CSV and Yaml.

I would love to have a go and fix this but i wouldnt even know where to start. Exacute did a very good job of making this tool.

A half fix:
    You can delete these lines from i think the CSV which will let your missions work in game. (Could be more lines if you have quite a few chapters but should look similar to the below)

Chapter_placeholderChapterTitle_tasktitle_0_StartMessage_text,"6",""
    Chapter_placeholderChapterTitle_tasktitle_0_CompletedMessage_text,"6",""
    Chapter_placeholderChapterTitle_tasktitle_0_actiontitle_0_CompletedMessage_text,"6",""
    norm,"Placeholder for norm",""

The only problem is you cant reload the scenario back into the Tool as it will add the lines again and not show correctly in the tool.

Anyway i hope you manage to get it work somehow, i want to see more scenario's on the workshop to play :)

All the best,
    Andy

12. Exacute

Exacute Rear Admiral

v1.25 Released
    Should fix the issue with StartMessage and CompletedMessage acting up. Sorry about that.
    Should also resolve any issues with the Executable, if you were using the textarea to copy from, from the emp_configuration.html.
    New tag 'PlayfieldTypeEntered' have been added aswell.

Sorry for the delay. The heat is litterally draining me for life ;)

Thank you for reporting the bug. Please let me know if this does not take care of the issue.

Kassonnade and SacredGlade like this.
  13. Exacute

Exacute Rear Admiral

14. Wren

Wren Ensign

Thanks trying out the new ver now. I plan on making some Epic Scenario's for the WS for sure. But focusing on my server right now. And I do agree this should get adopted into an official tool. Or they should make one. Adoption is better though as it doesn't put the mod maker out. Like what Ark does buy it let the original Dev maintain the software. Just my two cents. And I have a lot of mission right now alot are just testing.

15. metapo

metapo Lieutenant

I can not save is PDA
    No matter how many times you try, the following message will be displayed

”Seeing this? An error likely occured.. Try again. ”

16. Exacute

Exacute Rear Admiral

Assumingly you are using the non-executable version to save?
    Have you tried giving it a few minutes? If you refresh, it will not work. You click save on the main program, and then wait till the data is displayed.

17. metapo

metapo Lieutenant

18. Exacute

Exacute Rear Admiral

None of this was related to what i said ;)

In the config file, you are able to save with the Executable, or with the browser (opens two new windows, and require you to copy the content).
    I was stating, that you are using the browser version, yes?

Secondly: When you click the save button, two windows should open. I'm assuming this is the case, since you got the message.
    Did you refresh the window? If so, it will just flat out fail.
    Did you wait a bit, for it to display the content? (The message is a placeholder untill it have received the data from the main window.. it can take a few seconds). If the message persist after a longer period of time, something have gone wrong. If that is the case, I need you to:
    -Send me your config file
    -Send me the pda.yaml, pda.csv you used to import
    -Send me a list of what you edited
    -Click the 'copy' button, and send me what was copied to your clipboard
    -Open the web-console (for firefox, you can open this by ctrl+shift+k by default, and tell me what the lasst few lines said, while having the main window open.

19. metapo

metapo Lieutenant

20. Exacute

Exacute Rear Admiral

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.