[Tool] ePDA - Empyrion PDA helper v1.291

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by Exacute, Aug 4, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gkiller

Gkiller Ensign

But now i have another issues i have it all working on my server all titles are working but other players see Chapter 25 as the mission but i see it as right title

2. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

Can anyone confirm editor is working on current pda version? I cant seem to load it at all to edit it.

3. Exacute

Exacute Rear Admiral

I just loaded default PDA
    Loads fine.. But a lot of the CSV entries are marked corrupt for some reason.. I'll.. look into what's weird with the csv file this time..

4. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

I know they added more additional languages.

5. Exacute

Exacute Rear Admiral

Released v1.26
    -Fixed issue with new CSV not always properly detecting the delimeter. (Corrupt import). Should be fixed now.
    -Fixed issue with missing Sectors file causing trouble.

6. Exacute

Exacute Rear Admiral

7. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Captain

For the past couple of days I have been trying to figure out how to get this program to load correctly. In short I need help.

I am using the latest version of this pda tool v1.26. I have followed each step through the readme file and every time I go to load the tool I get this message:
    "Something went wrong. Looks like you have a config error. Either scenario or path."​

But I have copied my path in the config exactly as windows shows it. Here is my path I am using,

"N:\Steam Main Libary\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival/"​

Maybe its my Scenario folder? I created a folder in my Scenarios folder for this tool. I then used the exact name on the config file.

So what am I doing incorrectly here?

8. Exacute

Exacute Rear Admiral

1. Where have you put the tool? (which folder, path from start)
    2. Try put your config file in its entirety here :)

9. Exacute

Exacute Rear Admiral

Oh. That's wrong.
    You have to place the tool BEFORE your empyrion directory;

"N:\Steam Main Libary\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival/"
    N:\
    N:\Steam Main Libary\
    N:\Steam Main Libary\steamapps\
    N:\Steam Main Libary\steamapps\common\
    Placing the tool in any of these folders are good. otherwise it's bad.
    Make sure the tool is NOT inside a folder
    (Ie. if you pick "N:\" emp_main.html NEEDS to be N:\emp_main.html )

Jenniphurr likes this.
  10. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Captain

The tool itself is in the "Common" folder along the path to the Empyrion folder. I was referring to a custom named folder in the Scenarios folder for .

"__comment":"You can leave this blank, to get the singleplayer PDA instead. Otherwise put the name of the scenario (foldername). For instance: Dawn of Galaxy",
    "Scenario":"ZeroG-Universe",

I made a folder with the name "ZeroG-Universe" and matched that name in the config file. But the tool itself is not located in the Empryion folder.

So If I launch with the .exe it will open and I get this error:
    "Something went wrong. Looks like you have a config error. Either scenario or path"​
    If I open the HTML with firefox I get this error:
    Something went wrong. Looks like you have a config error. Either scenario or path.​

11. Exacute

Exacute Rear Admiral

To narrow down the issue, would you try to leave the scenario tag blank, and see if it loads the default PDA?

12. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Captain

"__comment":"You can leave this blank, to get the singleplayer PDA instead. Otherwise put the name of the scenario (foldername). For instance: Dawn of Galaxy",
    "Scenario":"",

Still same errors if I lauch the HTML with Firefox or if I double click the .exe. Does the path need to be in the "D" and be structured like you have in the example? I run multiple drives for steam.

Also I deleted the tool and placed a fresh copy in the the common folder along the path. I double clicked the "emp_config" text file and c& p the Empyrion pathway per directions in the readme. I saved the text file and closed it out. Then I am right clicking the emp_main to open with Firefox. 3 windows open up, the 2 for the server browser and then the EPA page comes up. Immediately after opening I get this same error.

"Something went wrong. Looks like you have a config error. Either scenario or path"

If I am doing something wrong I am clueless on it. Again thanks for putting up with my frustrations~

13. Exacute

Exacute Rear Admiral

Hm. It *should* work equally, no matter the filestructure.. It is atleast written that way ;)
    I had a suspicioun, that perhabs it didn't like the dash in 'ZeroG-Universe', but if the default doesn't get loaded either, that's clearly not it..

Just to be sure: The tool was unpacked in N:\Steam Main Libary\steamapps\common\ ?
    (ie. the emp_main.html is N:\Steam Main Libary\steamapps\common\emp_main.html ?)

I will try to replicate it as closely as I can once I have a bit of time. I'll get back to you.. I don't have any immediate ideas..

14. Exacute

Exacute Rear Admiral

One thing you can do, is opening up the tool, then opening firefix' webconsole (ctrl+shift+k).. It *might* have a detailed error, or it might not.. But it could potentially be helpfull for me :)
    (Just copy everything that says)

15. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Captain

Ok I opened up the console and here is the error log. I hope it helps narrow down a solution. Again thanks for your persistent help regarding this matter.

16. Exacute

Exacute Rear Admiral

Unless I'm reading the log wrong, you have placed it in a folder called "emp_tool_v1.26", yes?
    (ie file:///N:/Steam%20Main%20Libary/emp_tool_v1.26/emp_main.html)
    As I mentioned, it have to have 'direct access' to the empyrion folders. Your browser protects you from scripts that tries to go 'up a level' .
    So you have to move all the files 'up one level' (ie. out of the emp_tool_v1.26 folder, and into the steam main libary)

17. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Captain

That worked! I completely overlooked that I was extracting the whole folder into the path. All I did was drag the files out of the folder and that was it, loaded up first try!

My apologies for overlooking this small but big detail. Also thank you so much for putting up with me.

18. Exacute

Exacute Rear Admiral

Glad you got it working ;)

19. Exacute

Exacute Rear Admiral

Notice: Please refrain from using 1.26 with importing atm: It will make weird things with colons.. I'm working for a fix for this.

20. Exacute

Exacute Rear Admiral

v1.27 released (hotfix)
    -Fixed bug introduced in 1.26, with colons behaving weird.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please note, that if you used 1.26, and used the tool at all, any occurences of ':' might have \ infront, or similar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.