What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Day... something of Reforged A12 testing.
    Needed Silicon for my main base blueprint and was out of it on my side of the planet so I needed to go where 4 deposits were in the only zirax territory on the starter planet. So that would make this my first intentional run-in with the zirax with the enhanced AI.

My miner is a miner. Not a miner with a gun, or a turret or any sort of defensive armament since that would negatively impact its use as a miner. It is however very fast and can lift well over 200T cargo. But in this instance, i'm not risking my HV to ground troops that will be actively listening for my drills and looking for my ship.
    So I went in on foot, through forest, which is uniquely terrifying when the zirax can see through the forest better than I can and on multiple occasions while clearing the forest I had a shotgun zirax sprinting towards me. They don't open fire at quite the right distance, which is fine I don't want them running up and shooting me at point blank range.
    After clearing the vicinity of the forest>desert transition I went back and rolled my HV through. Stopped at the edge of the desert and began sniping as many patrols as I could see. They definitely don't take kindly to being sniped. Immediately identifying where I shot from and moving in on my position 100m away.
    Almost died a couple of times from a second group coming from a different angle from where i'm shooting. Eventually cleared the area though, and took out the 3 drones over the various grouped ore deposits and brought in my HV to diggy diggy hole.

Upon completion of my first hole, I decided to climb up the way I came in to make sure no troops were outside. I should've used my drone to do it, since there was a zirax sniper waiting above the hole who almost killed me. I had to run back to the HV with him chasing me with 41 hp left.
    Minimal issues with the other 3 deposits. Just that the combat mechanoids had the wrong detection settings and didn't see me. That's fixed now.

Set my big base to construct in the factory.

My day was turning out alright, so I decided to take my newly upgraded SV offworld and try and crack the Thermica Station the zirax had in orbit.
    And that's where everything went to ****.
    I took out a turret fairly easily, leaving a blind spot on the underside I could sneak in and avoid the rest of the turrets. Unfortunately, a plasma drone appeared and got a shot off at the rear of my ship with enough damage to take out my warp drive. I don't need it, but this is Reforged Galaxy and a warp drive explodes like an artillery shell and took a large spherical chunk out of the middle of my SV, destroying my fuel tanks and ammo box.
    I managed to replace the parts with stuff in the ship's storage and limp home with severe radiation burns, dermal burns and other health effects of being shot by a space plasma drone's cannon. So yeah, things went bad.
    20 ReforgedA12_2020-05-27_23-18-12.png
    There's my ship with a big hole in it and the station.

Since it would be too much work to repair I set it down and planned to repair it to template with a T2 repair bay. I'd already gotten a T1 from a loot container so I was halfway there.
    To recoup my losses however, I took my miner since it's great for bulk cargo and headed to the Abandoned Mine. With minigun and flamethrower in hand I cleared the dungeon easily with little damage. Got me some sweet loot, including a T2 insulation booster and a transportation booster. Along with a bunch of useful materials for making that T1 repair bay into a T2.

Things were looking up.
    Until I got home and got a shitstorm of a base attack. These ones are running on default attack values, but they're RG-strengthened and this is the earliest starter base with an extra turret and i've neglected to upgrade the armor.
    Bad luck and stupid turrets resulted in me losing half my base. Including my generator, core, constructor, ammo box and food processor.
    Without my SV to fight them I was using the Spidertank, which sucks. I regret building it.
    While this base is disposable, it wasn't supposed to be "disposed" at this time.
    20 ReforgedA12_2020-05-28_00-27-29.png
    So I packed up my wreckage and rebuilt the parts I was missing, made my T2 repair bay and console, parked my wrecked SV on my wrecked base and don't have enough cobalt to repair it. Cobalt on the moon, which I needed an SV to get to.
    Rather than wait around for a blueprint to complete, I went off to the heidelberg and the UCH dart that's there using my HV to get that one up and running.
    Unfortunately, I forgot I left the core in the heidelberg as private instead of public and a base attack of 4 drones turned up shortly after while I was repairing the SV.
    20 ReforgedA12_2020-05-28_02-00-28.png
    Fortunately, they ignored the SV and fired some rockets into the heidelburg, which had nothing to destroy and then just gave up and wandered around until I killed them one at a time with my laser rifle. Finished sticking the parts on the dart, docked it to the Bulldog HV and drove it home.
    Tomorrow, i'll be going back to the moon for cobalt, repair my main SV, go looking for a nice planet to settle on and put my main base there... I hope. I've mined out most of this planet's resources and as of A12 there's almost no zirax on the starter planet and moon. Soon there will be no ore and i'll be stuck here with a whole lotta nothing.

2. Demonic

Demonic Captain

Tuned in into the NASA livestream for the SpaceX and NASA launching astronauts to ISS together for the first time, while continuing with texturing the CV. I finally landed on a design that worked for me and completed the outside textures. Now I have to complete the internals.

[​IMG]

3. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

As of last I knew, it is among the Top 10 Bug Fugitives from Justice, giving the Devs a comparable amount of grief on trying to figure out how to fix as the likes of 'Lag Shot Armor Penetration'... :(

4. Inappropriate

Inappropriate Captain

This is what I eventually came up with for the blast damage but it has the potentially to be fairly performance intensive and it doesn't properly account for cases were another entity (not part of the target structure) is with in the blast radius. Still its a good enough place to start prototyping.
    As for lagshot that should be comparatively easy to fix. This is what I suggested over on this thread:

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  5. TRX

TRX Commander

Decided to try and make a dual versatile HV ... hmmm ... for those of you who remember the "original" Dr Dolittle ... I present the Pushmi-Pullyu ... :)

Yes ... I'ts ugly ... but it works ... LOL ...

20200527160550_1.jpg

6. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

Oh look at you all doing so many wonderful things. And here all I have been doing is trying to reach level 10 for the second day. Reached it yesterday and last night someone changed the version and I had to do it all over again. Okay have to admit space looks fantastic now! So not complaining.

Did notice something odd though with the drones. 3 times now when I have gotten close to some that are guarding a resource they stop flying around and hug something . So far I saw one hug a tall stone column right at the base of it. Then the second one hide behind a small rock. These two happen yesterday.

Now today well I just had to take a pic

NewGame_11_2020-05-28_12-40-42.png

I killed it right there and it never attacked me. Just like the other two yesterday. So two different versions same sorta actions. Up until I came close it was flying all around.

7. Love Is Flash

Love Is Flash Captain

Hi everyone
    I started building my favorite ship from the ST universe.
    Is it interesting at the output it will be playable or just replenish the collection? ... see

upload_2020-5-28_15-36-44.png

8. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Sure it's ugly, but also very clever. I love the back-to-back cockpits like that. Interesting idea.

9. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

I wonder if it's Drone Mating Season...? :p

Sure as hell more 3Dish a thinking. :D

10. Inappropriate

Inappropriate Captain

For when you need the moterbike but don't want to use the moterbike Supabike9000.jpg

11. Love Is Flash

Love Is Flash Captain

Only outlines, but how much it is already beautiful...
    upload_2020-5-28_23-46-27.png

12. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

13. michaelhartman89

michaelhartman89 Rear Admiral

Without checking, I am guessing Alpha 5.0 which was around late 2016, if I can remember right. I believe the different armor types and boosters were in the same series. I want to say that was a very exciting Christmas present for all of us.

I started playing Empyrion in April or May of 2016, and WOW it was a TOTALLY different experience back then. You had to know all the different quirks to keep from being torn to shreds by turrets, having your CV fly away without you, having a random pebble come back and render your parked sv in the base you hollowed out totally worthless. Worst of all was the controls of the brand spanking new motorcycle that took a five mile radius to make a 180 degree turn! It really felt like the wild west compared to the tamed down version we are playing today:D

Oh and I'm not sure which update cycle I couldn't use the motorcycle without being rocketed into space, but yes that was a thing too. I might have had a corrupt save file at the time, bc this was probably pre Alpha 4.0 and I had yet to try multi-player

Last edited: May 29, 2020
  14. EternalHeathen

EternalHeathen Captain

Today i cleared the derelict ship using a battle bike... well, I tried to. Experimental12V4-200525-2246_2020-05-28_18-53-51.png It got stuck here, and I had to hold o while alternating q,e,space, and c to get it through.
    Experimental12V4-200525-2246_2020-05-28_19-03-08.png
    Then it got stuck going into the passage to the right as well. For anyone wondering, I don't recommend this method, pretty sure it took me twice as long trying to finish the mission with this thing than if I'd done it on foot as usual. Little curious if anyone has a theory why she would get stuck on alien blocks though. I don't want to super overload with pictures, but I didn't have problems moving through a one block wide space or hallway if they were normal blocks, just the alien ones. Are there as-yet-un-animated tentacles that are grabbing at me?

15. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

Wow you have no idea how old I feel now! :(
    Looking at my join date for the forum just made me remember I didn't join the forum the same day I started the game :eek:
    Thank you :D

16. michaelhartman89

Yah @piddlefoot told me about the forum in October 2016, bc I was leaving a ton of suggestions on the steam forums for months. He said this would likely be the best way to really get attention from the Devs.

I didn't realize that the HV Drill was added in the same update lol. I remember the days when you would take the hv over there with a hollow center and land it on the mining area using the minigun turret to protect yourself down in the hole.

In fact I don't think the CV's hovered back then either, but it's been too damn long since those days and all the updates mix together haha
    Brings back old memories haha

I didn't know how to take a screenshot back then, but there's my first base. I was terrified to leave it because of the raptors. I built bridges all over the map to the ore places and hunted from catwalks lol. Took me a while to build a hv that could actually function in a fight.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 29, 2020
  17. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

That's why I asked the question in the first place. I can't tell anymore when what came first. I keep just passing it off as I'm getting old :D

Wife won't let me get away with that:eek:

18. michaelhartman89

Actually have a short clip of my first cv.

19. Atomino

Atomino Captain

Is that 344 meters?

20. Dead8Eye

Dead8Eye Captain

today i built some new ships and edited some of them just for fun :)
    20200528124955_1.jpg