Symbols for resources on systemmap are hard to distinguish

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by me777, Oct 21, 2020.

1. me777

me777 Commander

Those tiny symbols are somehow hard to tell apart, especially if you are a new player.
    Now I'm better at it, but it is unnecesarry to have it this hard to beginn with.
    Just have a list with the actual written resources instead, it would be so much easyer to see.

I know there are tooltips, but the info box does jump back to the planet from a moon if you take the cursor off the moon, but then you cant get the tooltips, so tooltips only really work for planets, not moons.

Also I did not find an explenation for the numbers given next to the symbols, at least not ingame...

Can this be changed? Please?

Track Driver likes this.
  2. Track Driver

Track Driver Rear Admiral

There are many things that are unnecessarily difficult to see or read. There have been many reports, complaints, and feedback on them.
    Some day....:rolleyes:

3. me777

me777 Commander

True. (about the previous reports, did not see em on the first pages and im rather new)
    Like the crosshair that is sometimes like invisible...
    (because ist like 1 pixel and white, who comes up with those things?)(and playing in 4k does not help either)

So let's hope the day when the litle things can be adressed comes sooner rather than later.
    I think fixing those anoying things should be more important than new blocks or textures.

Track Driver likes this.
  4. Track Driver

Crosshair is my biggest gripe. I am well known for the subject as I bring it up at every opportunity regardless of whether it is appropriate or not.
    You're still young, but are welcome to be part of the EOC (Old Eyes Club). We make a point of bringing up these visual issues that seem to fall by the wayside in hope that someday.....

Spoon likes this.
  5. Spoon

Spoon Captain

Same here mate. The crosshair is also my biggest gripe, that's why I'm not playing the game at the present moment. There is not much point if you can't see where you are shooting and getting killed all the time.
    As @krazzykid2006 pointed out in this thread, the devs have totally ignored all feedback regarding this subject, so I'm not holding my breath for a change to something better.

Track Driver likes this.
  6. Track Driver

I know. I've been waiting a long time. When the new Pilot's HUD came along, my excitement turned to disappointment. Not only was the crosshair not improved, most of the associated text was too small (for me) and would also disappear in a cloudy sky.

For now, I'm just building stuff for my amusement and making the most of it.

Spoon likes this.
  7. Average

Average Commander

One thing they could do is to use shape as well as colour to distinguish resources. This would make icons more distinct.

Also, on the main view when you run your radar, it would be great to have an option to have the opposite - icons instead of writing. When you scan a very large field and get 50+, it is messy, confusing and the framerate actually drops by a significant amount for some reason.

Track Driver likes this.